Home »  » General Discussion » Will it print? I am so new it isn't funny
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Will it print? I am so new it isn't funny [message #56177] Mon, 29 October 2012 17:00 UTC Go to next message
avatar RockinH  is currently offline RockinH
Go to my shop
I am having a guy draw up this image to be printed in 1/64 scale. I want it to be a working part. Is it possible?

The part I want is the yellow part with hydraulic cylinder attached to the black frame.

I ask to avoid paying for a drawing I do not need.

Thanks

Re: Will it print? I am so new it isn't funny [message #56181 is a reply to message #56177 ] Mon, 29 October 2012 19:07 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Is this as an actual 'working part' (with air or oil) or a pseudo working part that just moves and looks right?

Paul

Re: Will it print? I am so new it isn't funny [message #56183 is a reply to message #56181 ] Mon, 29 October 2012 19:22 UTC Go to previous message
avatar RockinH  is currently offline RockinH
Go to my shop
This only needs to look right and move. No oil or air.

Attached is a photo of what I am currently making by hand. It is good but I wonder if 3D printing will allow greater detail and less build time.

Thank you much!

• Attachment: truck1.jpg
    (Size: 101.41KB, Downloaded 36 time(s))

Previous Topic:Some general info request
Next Topic:Printing Sterling Silver Stone Settings.

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.