Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Community » General Discussion » Editing Description Text
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Editing Description Text [message #55923] Thu, 25 October 2012 16:01 UTC Go to next message
avatar MaxiGossamer  is currently offline MaxiGossamer
Go to my shop
Hi All,
I have a feeling this may be a daft question but here goes anyway.

I am adding text to the description box for my models but when I save, any kind of layout is lost and it all joins up in to one continuous line of text. I've noticed that everyone else's description text is arranged all neat and tidy.

How do I keep my layout for the description text box please ?
Thanks in advance for any help
Re: Editing Description Text [message #56010 is a reply to message #55923 ] Fri, 26 October 2012 22:17 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Maundy  is currently offline Maundy
Go to my shop
Hi,

I realise this was answered in another thread however I wanted to lay it out for any newbies.
I struggled with this to begin with, it took a while for me to discover the description boxes accept HTML, and then a bit of searching to find the right codes the description box will accept, you will probably need to use the following codes to keep your descriptions looking neat and tidy:

If you want a new line (the equivalent of pressing the enter/return key on the keyboard), you have to use the code <br>, two of these <br><br> will create a new paragraph as it inserts 2 lines.

If you want text to be bold it has to be surrounded by <strong> at the beginning and </strong> at the end. E.g. <strong>Your Text Here</strong>

If you want to insert a hyperlink, you will have to use <a href="www.what-ever-web-address-you-want-to-link-to.com">Text for the Hyperlink (it will look blue)</a>

These are all the codes I ever had to use in the description box, other members will probably be able to add more if you need them.
I hope this helps.

Alex Maund

[Updated on: Fri, 26 October 2012 22:24 UTC]

Re: Editing Description Text [message #56011 is a reply to message #56010 ] Sat, 27 October 2012 01:32 UTC Go to previous message
avatar MaxiGossamer  is currently offline MaxiGossamer
Go to my shop
Thank you so much Maundy. Yes it was a big help and much appreciated Smile

Previous Topic:General info request
Next Topic:Are my cost calculations correct?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.