Home » Support » Bug Reporting » WRL upload changed for the worse ?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
WRL upload changed for the worse ? [message #55826] Tue, 23 October 2012 23:14 UTC Go to next message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
Shapie Expert
Hi, I hate to ask this, but has something changed in the VRML2 upload machinery (beyond the improved
support for texture file paths mentioned a few days ago) ?
I have a couple of rather simple files that I uploaded on Oct 2 which were subsequently printed without apparent
problems - except that I had made a silly mistake in one of them. Re-upload of the fixed file surprisingly ended
with the dreaded "uh-oh" message, and during testing I now find that neither of the original, already printed
wrl datasets will upload anymore. One example is http://shpws.me/leS7 , which I have now made both
public&downloadable to facilitate testing.
I do not see anything special with these files - they contain a bunch of VRML "Sphere" and "IndexedFaceSet"
primitives with embedded per-shape RGB colors. Uploading a single red sphere still works, but I must admit
that I have not tried a colored cube yet. (Assuming that this is somehow related to the recent rework of the
color-by-texture-file code at all)

Thanks,
Martin
Re: WRL upload changed for the worse ? [message #55904 is a reply to message #55826 ] Thu, 25 October 2012 06:51 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar MitchellJetten is currently online MitchellJetten
Go to all my models
I work here
Hi Martin,

My apologies for not replying earlier, on the background we have been working on this issue.
Our development team has confirmed this issue and started working on a fix the moment they read your post.

If everything went alright, this should now have been fixed!
" Triangle count for vrml model with sphere primitive explodes after processing"

Could you let me know if you are still having issues?
Mitchell

Kind regards,

Mitchell Jetten
Customer Service Coordinator
Shapeways
Re: WRL upload changed for the worse ? [message #55906 is a reply to message #55904 ] Thu, 25 October 2012 07:52 UTC Go to previous message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
Shapie Expert
Works perfectly fine again, thank you very much.
The obvious drawback is that I now have another bunch of models to order, including a nicer
version of what is in my current order (bloody expensive hobby, this Embarassed ).
l really should have waited for you to work your magic instead of trying clumsy workarounds
at the border of non-2-manifold land.
Would it be possible to pass back more specific error codes to the thing that sends the rejection
email ? "Polygon count exceeded" would be so much more helpful than "model needs more love"
(OTOH, if it were easily doable you would probably be doing it already...)

Previous Topic:Dollar and Euro prices seem mixed up
Next Topic:Forum bug?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.