Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Community » Work in progress » Animated Dual Message iPhone 5 Case
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Animated Dual Message iPhone 5 Case [message #55817] Tue, 23 October 2012 18:18 UTC Go to next message
avatar Maundy  is currently offline Maundy
Go to my shop
Animated Dual Message iPhone 5 Case

This is something I decided to make on the last day of the iPhone 5 Accessory Contest.

This iPhone 5 case holds 2 personalised messages engraved into the case over the top of each other, each message is only visible when viewing the case from an angle, 45 degrees up (for the first message) or 45 degrees down (for the second message). This produces an effect similar to those bumpy textured animated cards that animate when you tilt the card.
This is achieved by extruding each message at a different angle onto the case in a grid like format.

This example shows the text 'Dual Message' as the First Message and 'iPhone 5 Case' as the second message' however I can imagine this working particularly well with 2 names making this case a good gift.

I personally think this could work well and produce a good effect.

index.php?t=getfile&id=22025&private=0

• Attachment: image.jpg
    (Size: 38.26KB, Downloaded 169 time(s))

[Updated on: Tue, 23 October 2012 20:12 UTC]

Re: Animated Dual Message iPhone 5 Case [message #57185 is a reply to message #55817 ] Tue, 20 November 2012 20:25 UTC Go to previous message
avatar natalia  is currently offline natalia
Go to all my models
I work here
wow, that's a really cool idea - did you try a test print to see if it works?

Shapeways Community Manager

Previous Topic:Rabbit Pendant
Next Topic:New set of rings

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.