Home » Community » General Discussion » Question: Silicone Bracelets (i.e., Livestrong, etc.)
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Question: Silicone Bracelets (i.e., Livestrong, etc.) [message #55800] Tue, 23 October 2012 14:15 UTC Go to next message
avatar randomblink  is currently offline randomblink
Go to my shop
I try to stay on top of custom, print-on-demand options available on the web...
Shapeways, LuLu, e-Patches, etc...

But someone stumped me yesterday and I am hoping my extended, creative family called Shapways Community might have an answer.

Someone I know wants to create a custom silicone bracelet design ( think the livestrong bracelets ) but rather than order and sell from his house, he wants to create the design, add a profit amount and send people the link.

At first I thought that Shapeways would be perfect... I THOUGHT I had remembered a silicone bracelet looking development years ago, but now I can't find anything like it.

Anyone got an idea? Either here at Shapeways or somewhere else?

Welcome to Costco, I love you.
Re: Question: Silicone Bracelets (i.e., Livestrong, etc.) [message #55807 is a reply to message #55800 ] Tue, 23 October 2012 15:31 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapeways tested a flexible material, but it suffered from several issues:
- thick walls
- poor color adherance
- colors would wear off
- inconsistent print quality

They offered to bring it back when the technology catches up.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products

Previous Topic:Factory of the Future / NY / When and What.....
Next Topic:FORM 1 delivers high-end 3D printing for an affordable price, meets Kickstarter goal in 1 day