Home » Community » General Discussion » New material
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
New material [message #55725] Sat, 20 October 2012 22:03 UTC Go to next message
avatar Bunrattypark  is currently offline Bunrattypark
Go to my shop
Any sign on the horizon of a new material for railway modellers, similarly priced to WSF, but softer and easier to sand and paint? I mentioned some time ago the Prime Grey material offered by I-materialise. This is far more competitively priced than the FD/FUD materials, and easier to work with than WSF.

Are Shapeways considering it, and is there a ballpark idea if and when they might offer it on some kind of test basis?
Re: New material [message #55739 is a reply to message #55725 ] Sun, 21 October 2012 11:27 UTC Go to previous message
avatar woody64  is currently offline woody64
Go to my shop
That topic was already raised in another thread. But nevertheless I strongly support it. The results I've gotten from my trials there are really impressing.
Although the picture shows the item three times bigger the surface looks very good.
Additionally the gray would be a very wanted color for my purpose so that I get an end finished item directly out from the printing process.
Woody64
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8283/7858102106_042283cdc8_z.jpg

[Updated on: Sun, 21 October 2012 11:29 UTC]

More then 7500 items sold over SW (but still a hobby)
Minifigcustomsin3d at: Facebook Flickr
References: 3d Printing Industries, CNN, J. Burks, Ugly Duckling, M.Evans, Stop Motion Film,Computer BILD

Previous Topic:shape creator
Next Topic:Dice in its own category?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.