Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Support » Bug Reporting » Sortable Forum Experience
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Sortable Forum Experience [message #55722] Sat, 20 October 2012 21:02 UTC Go to next message
avatar CactusBones  is currently offline CactusBones
Go to my shop
I wish we could sort the forums by views / responses / popularity (ratings) etc.....something like that anyway...
I am new at 3d modeling, printing, and 3d applications and I don't even know enough to know what to ask or look for sometimes.
The search bar is helpful when I know what I am looking for but I like being educated through browsing too....not all
topics are beneficial for me to read at this stage of my experience....if there was a way to sort maybe I could get more use out of the forums.
Re: Sortable Forum Experience [message #55764 is a reply to message #55722 ] Mon, 22 October 2012 14:33 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
That does sound useful! We are currently looking into making the community easier to use, and all together better. I'll forward your suggestion on.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Sortable Forum Experience [message #65396 is a reply to message #55764 ] Wed, 03 April 2013 08:13 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar CactusBones  is currently offline CactusBones
Go to my shop
I see that there is a rating system in place now for threads. I find that really useful! In other forums there is also the capability to "favorite" certain threads which allows for a quick way to reference threads, check back quickly to look for new responses on topics of interest, or even check to see if your questions have been answered. Maybe this would be worth considering? I will bookmark for now.

[Updated on: Wed, 03 April 2013 08:14 UTC]

Re: Sortable Forum Experience [message #66101 is a reply to message #65396 ] Sun, 14 April 2013 07:41 UTC Go to previous message
avatar UniverseBecoming  is currently offline UniverseBecoming
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I found a way to get Google to show just threads that have a range of pages for you. Surprised

Another way to kind of find some popular threads is this.

But yeah! What you're suggesting would be great! These Google searches are only scratching the surface I'll bet. Smile

Maker of precision scrap! :p

Previous Topic:very long minutes
Next Topic:Some forum posts missing?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.