Home » Support » 3D Printing » Ceramic
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Ceramic [message #55318] Sat, 13 October 2012 23:02 UTC Go to next message
avatar SomniumDS  is currently offline SomniumDS
Go to my shop
I was wondering how the glazing portion of the ceramic 3D printing works. I'm currently working on an ocarina design that has fairly small holes. I was just wondering how the glazing was done since the mouth piece portion has such a small opening and depending on how the glazing is done I may or may not have to change my design.
Re: Ceramic [message #55389 is a reply to message #55318 ] Mon, 15 October 2012 17:04 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar SomniumDS  is currently offline SomniumDS
Go to my shop
Ok if no one can answer this, then how bout this one... How much thickness does the glaze add to the model?
Re: Ceramic [message #55395 is a reply to message #55318 ] Mon, 15 October 2012 19:00 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Last I had heard the glaze was done by hand dipping. And by the last line of the material overview, the glaze is about 1mm thick

[Updated on: Mon, 15 October 2012 19:02 UTC]

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate

Previous Topic:Volume discrepancy question
Next Topic:generating interior lattice or scaffold to reduce print volume

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.