Home » Community » General Discussion » shipping costs
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
shipping costs [message #55006] Sun, 07 October 2012 18:17 UTC Go to next message
avatar Brick  is currently offline Brick
Go to my shop
i havent been here in several months. I had one item made ($28), and the shipping was $15. (Toronto, Canada)

so, have the shipping prices come down at all? I remember reading back then about opening a new location, which could bring down prices, etc....

[Updated on: Sun, 07 October 2012 18:18 UTC]

Re: shipping costs [message #55336 is a reply to message #55006 ] Sun, 14 October 2012 15:58 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Depends. Are you just talking about the shipping charged by Shapeways at time of ordering? That should have been $6.50. If you were charged more is there a possibility you have a different country set up in your account?

Now, if you're talking about getting robbed, er, charged by UPS at time of delivery then, no, there has been no change there. I once got charged $14 for a $7.50 model. Shapeways is still looking into offering different shipping options but it's a long process.

Glenn

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: shipping costs [message #55337 is a reply to message #55336 ] Sun, 14 October 2012 17:59 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Phxman  is currently offline Phxman
Go to all my models
In an eco-friendly business and all there cuddly kind of objectives, it would be nice
to see Shapeways support poor old USPS.

3 days Coast to coast is the norm for their option of Priority Mail boxes at $5.20.

- and the box is free!

[Updated on: Sun, 14 October 2012 18:00 UTC]

Re: shipping costs [message #55444 is a reply to message #55336 ] Tue, 16 October 2012 15:15 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
ya the UPS thing is what I was talking about. Bummer that it's still an issue.
Re: shipping costs [message #55455 is a reply to message #55006 ] Tue, 16 October 2012 18:48 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar natalia  is currently offline natalia
Go to all my models
I work here
Hey guys,

This is indeed a long term solution that we are investigating.

There is a thread of discussion on it here: http://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=6027&a mp;start=0&amp

If this is an ongoing burning issue, I can take steps to prioritize it, so let us know!

Natalia

Shapeways Community Manager
Re: shipping costs [message #55458 is a reply to message #55006 ] Tue, 16 October 2012 20:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
PRIORITIZE! Shocked

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: shipping costs [message #55461 is a reply to message #55455 ] Tue, 16 October 2012 22:35 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I'n not why again you're asking to let you know if it's a burning issue.

Clearly from the thread you've provided, you are losing business, and people have said there it is a burning issue. It also looks like some said it's been a big issue for many months now. You said in that thread to let you know if it's a big problem, members said it is, and here you are asking again.

How many times do people need to say it....
Re: shipping costs [message #55487 is a reply to message #55006 ] Wed, 17 October 2012 12:34 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Please continue your discussion on the thread Natalia linked to. We know this is a burning issue for some. There are currently issues that are burning for all that must be resolved first. I know it's frustrating, as the shipping dilemma has been around for a while. But please keep the discussion constructive. I'm locking this thread, but please feel free to use the thread Natalia linked to. That way we can consolidate the conversation and keep better track of the effect of the current shipping.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate

Previous Topic:iphone 5 case contest fail
Next Topic:netfabb

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.