Home »  » It arrived! » Tuxedo Ring- Fancify your finger
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Tuxedo Ring- Fancify your finger [message #54777] Wed, 03 October 2012 09:32 UTC Go to next message
avatar hamsterdam101  is currently offline hamsterdam101
Go to my shop
I actually received these pieces a while ago and took pictures of them then, but before I could upload the images, I leant my camera to a friend and didn't see it for a while. Rolling Eyes

No harm done, I got the camera back all right but these photos are a bit late.

index.php?t=getfile&id=21083&private=0

I have previously ordered some prints done through Shapeways for university projects, but these were the first done just for fun.

I wanted a ring with a tuxedo sitting around the band of the ring.

index.php?t=getfile&id=21079&private=0

I got one printed in stainless steel and another in stainless steel with bronze matte plating. The texture of both is a bit rough, and it did lose a bit of the detail in the tie but I actually really like it. However, in the future, I plan to get it printed in silver

index.php?t=getfile&id=21080&private=0

I'm considering rounding the edges a bit to make it look more as though it is around the ring, rather than simply on the ring

What do you think? I would love some feedback.

[Updated on: Wed, 03 October 2012 09:35 UTC]

Re: Tuxedo Ring- Fancify your finger [message #54782 is a reply to message #54777 ] Wed, 03 October 2012 12:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
Wow! I love it! Would look great in silver.

Your friendly neighborhood Moderman
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Tuxedo Ring- Fancify your finger [message #54825 is a reply to message #54777 ] Wed, 03 October 2012 22:00 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Cheers! Do you think the tie would be a bit more prominent in silver?
Re: Tuxedo Ring- Fancify your finger [message #54848 is a reply to message #54777 ] Thu, 04 October 2012 13:03 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
Everything would be crisper in silver, So all your lines would be straighter. Because of the color, I don't know if the tie would be more visible, but check out the post production section for tips on how to patina models to make elements pop.

Your friendly neighborhood Moderman
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Tuxedo Ring- Fancify your finger [message #54901 is a reply to message #54848 ] Thu, 04 October 2012 21:55 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Thanks, will have a look into it

Previous Topic:FUD bust for molding, then bronze
Next Topic:My first silver print!

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.