Home » Community » It arrived! » Tuxedo Ring- Fancify your finger
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Tuxedo Ring- Fancify your finger [message #54777] Wed, 03 October 2012 09:32 UTC Go to next message
avatar hamsterdam101  is currently offline hamsterdam101
Go to my shop
I actually received these pieces a while ago and took pictures of them then, but before I could upload the images, I leant my camera to a friend and didn't see it for a while. Rolling Eyes

No harm done, I got the camera back all right but these photos are a bit late.

index.php?t=getfile&id=21083&private=0

I have previously ordered some prints done through Shapeways for university projects, but these were the first done just for fun.

I wanted a ring with a tuxedo sitting around the band of the ring.

index.php?t=getfile&id=21079&private=0

I got one printed in stainless steel and another in stainless steel with bronze matte plating. The texture of both is a bit rough, and it did lose a bit of the detail in the tie but I actually really like it. However, in the future, I plan to get it printed in silver

index.php?t=getfile&id=21080&private=0

I'm considering rounding the edges a bit to make it look more as though it is around the ring, rather than simply on the ring

What do you think? I would love some feedback.

[Updated on: Wed, 03 October 2012 09:35 UTC]

Re: Tuxedo Ring- Fancify your finger [message #54782 is a reply to message #54777 ] Wed, 03 October 2012 12:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
Wow! I love it! Would look great in silver.

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Tuxedo Ring- Fancify your finger [message #54825 is a reply to message #54777 ] Wed, 03 October 2012 22:00 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Cheers! Do you think the tie would be a bit more prominent in silver?
Re: Tuxedo Ring- Fancify your finger [message #54848 is a reply to message #54777 ] Thu, 04 October 2012 13:03 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
Everything would be crisper in silver, So all your lines would be straighter. Because of the color, I don't know if the tie would be more visible, but check out the post production section for tips on how to patina models to make elements pop.

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Tuxedo Ring- Fancify your finger [message #54901 is a reply to message #54848 ] Thu, 04 October 2012 21:55 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Thanks, will have a look into it

Previous Topic:FUD bust for molding, then bronze
Next Topic:My first silver print!