Home » Community » Post Production Techniques » Making it less translucent
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Making it less translucent [message #54648] Sun, 30 September 2012 02:35 UTC Go to next message
avatar milosp  is currently offline milosp
Go to my shop
I have a head model printed in white detail material but since it is 1mm thick. I am thinking painting it inside with either white acrylic paint or with black printer refill ink . What do you think would be better solution in this case?

http://www.shapeways.com/model/694341/jim.html

You can almost see my finger inside.

index.php?t=getfile&id=20987&private=0

• Attachment: sheldon3.JPG
    (Size: 65.94KB, Downloaded 203 time(s))

Re: Making it less translucent [message #54736 is a reply to message #54648 ] Tue, 02 October 2012 12:39 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
I moved you to post processing as you have a good question, and the people here will be better able to help you out as they have experimented with painting for numerous reasons.

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Making it less translucent [message #54765 is a reply to message #54648 ] Tue, 02 October 2012 20:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar dapeetree  is currently offline dapeetree
Go to all my models
White paint or primer on the interior is the way to go. Printer ink is not opaque and I worry that if you use black you'll also end up darkening the appearance from the outside.

Good luck!
Re: Making it less translucent [message #54811 is a reply to message #54765 ] Wed, 03 October 2012 17:11 UTC Go to previous message
avatar milosp  is currently offline milosp
Go to my shop
Thanks! I painted inside with white acrylic paint and it does look better. It got a yellowish hue even though paint was white, but it is still a bit better. Wink

Previous Topic:Adverse effect of boiling water on WSF?
Next Topic:any technique to make a final good look for an iphone case in WSF? or in dyed colors?