Home » Community » General Discussion » Shipping to Russia
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Shipping to Russia [message #54732] Tue, 02 October 2012 09:23 UTC Go to next message
avatar Darth_Biomech  is currently offline Darth_Biomech
Go to all my models
Is there any news or at least perspectives on that matter? Page on the UPS website about that restrictions is not even exist by now. I wish I could live in normal, civilised country...

If there is no good news, can you recommend me a bypass route?
Re: Shipping to Russia [message #54738 is a reply to message #54732 ] Tue, 02 October 2012 12:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
I'll check into that for you, and get an update from someone who knows.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Shipping to Russia [message #54749 is a reply to message #54732 ] Tue, 02 October 2012 15:30 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar natalia  is currently offline natalia
Go to all my models
I work here
Unfortunately due to the very strict customs regulations in Russia, we can not ship there still.

Russia does not accept packages that carry duty (like from Shapeways) to individuals. this situation is so bad that some carriers, like UPS who we use, have suspended acceptance of dutiable shipments sent to private individuals in Russia until further notice.

If UPS changes their policy, we will of course be happy to change ours, but for the moment its not possible.

[Updated on: Tue, 02 October 2012 15:36 UTC]

Shapeways Community Manager
Re: Shipping to Russia [message #54764 is a reply to message #54732 ] Tue, 02 October 2012 20:33 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
So, there is no way I could get print from Shapeways? Crap.
Re: Shipping to Russia [message #54766 is a reply to message #54764 ] Tue, 02 October 2012 21:14 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
Shapie Expert
No relative, friend or relative of friend who moved to e.g. Germany or Czech republic and would be
trustworthy and willing to order/accept a parcel for you ? If all else fails, you could become a truck driver,
carry chanterelle mushrooms or Russian steel across half of Europe and return with a few plastic figurines
on the dashboard each time Very Happy .
Re: Shipping to Russia [message #64762 is a reply to message #54766 ] Sun, 24 March 2013 17:12 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Sorry for bumping old thread, but is there any news, I wonder? Because today on UPS website I found this news:
http://www.ups.com/content/ru/ru/about/news/20120912A.html
It is in russian, but basicaly it is about how UPS starts sending their aicrafts directly to Vnukovo airport in Moscow and dated SEPTEMBER 2012. If restriction with shipping to russia is still intact, then it means that this news on official site is fake? Or what? I am lost.
Re: Shipping to Russia [message #64765 is a reply to message #64762 ] Sun, 24 March 2013 17:56 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
Shapie Expert
Does the russian text say anything about shipping to individuals (as opposed to companies, universities etc) ?
As far as I remember, the whole problem was always about the huge amount of paperwork required by the
Russian customs officials for delivery of foreign goods to private individuals, which made UPS, TNT and others
refuse such deliveries.
Re: Shipping to Russia [message #64766 is a reply to message #64765 ] Sun, 24 March 2013 18:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
It is unclear. They refers to customers simply as "clients", and that may both mean individual and company ones.
Re: Shipping to Russia [message #65268 is a reply to message #64766 ] Mon, 01 April 2013 04:04 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar UniverseBecoming  is currently offline UniverseBecoming
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Did you know there are companies that will forward your packages to you in Russia? It's sort of like having a friend in the US or Europe for example and you use your fiends address and they then ship it to you for a small fee.

Two that I know of are Shipito and Bongo. Both of these ship to Russia.

I know about these two companies because I did research on this a few years ago for a book I was writing and determined that these two companies were the best ones to use at the time. And now, at least two years later they are both still in business. There are other companies that do this kind of package forwarding so shop around and see if any better companies have come up since I looked into it.

It always was. It always was because somethingness cannot spawn from nothingness. And in the was of the past there is the forever of the now. Only now. Only now and nothing new, for anything new would add to the infinite, yet there can only be one infinite. Only one. The universe is only becoming something new in the delusion of our minds. This delusion that makes life worth living in our perceived universe becoming.
Re: Shipping to Russia [message #65270 is a reply to message #65268 ] Mon, 01 April 2013 04:07 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
http://images1.sw-cdn.net/model/picture/674x501_145306_106138_1338413386.jpg

LOVE IT!!! Thumbs Up

It always was. It always was because somethingness cannot spawn from nothingness. And in the was of the past there is the forever of the now. Only now. Only now and nothing new, for anything new would add to the infinite, yet there can only be one infinite. Only one. The universe is only becoming something new in the delusion of our minds. This delusion that makes life worth living in our perceived universe becoming.
Re: Shipping to Russia [message #65276 is a reply to message #65268 ] Mon, 01 April 2013 06:32 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
UniverseBecoming wrote on Mon, 01 April 2013 04:04

Did you know there are companies that will forward your packages to you in Russia? It's sort of like having a friend in the US or Europe for example and you use your fiends address and they then ship it to you for a small fee.

Two that I know of are Shipito and Bongo. Both of these ship to Russia.

Wow, thanks! I never heard about those. Though this service probably would double costs for shipping, I think it worth a shot.
blatant self-promotion: if you liked this model, you can check out my DA page too)
Re: Shipping to Russia [message #65279 is a reply to message #65276 ] Mon, 01 April 2013 11:25 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Amazing gallery! Thanks for posting! Very Happy

Actually, it's cheaper if you order numerous small things and use combined shipping. They'll store your shipments in their warehouse until you accumulate a number of packages then they will ship it to you in one big box. But for shipping one thing at a time, yeah way more expensive.

Previous Topic:I am NEW! No experience and wants to learn how to make apps to eventually make 3D models
Next Topic:Weekend Contest #6: Reuse a Plastic Bottle

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.