Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Community » It arrived! » horrible printing and handling result
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
horrible printing and handling result [message #54583] Fri, 28 September 2012 00:34 UTC Go to next message
avatar KorailDHCPP  is currently offline KorailDHCPP
Go to my shop
Evil or Very Mad

okay, let me tell you this first, I am not a new bie in 3d printing, and it wasn't the first time for these exact models printed with shapeways in FUD.
Last time, it was super fine. Nothing broken, minimal warp, no super visible printing lines.

index.php?t=getfile&id=20926&private=0

it looks pretty bad when they come out of the box

index.php?t=getfile&id=20927&private=0

Okay, major two parts detached - on the left it's an handrail with stanchons - it came intact last time, but not this time. NONE OF THEM REMAIN INTACT. Fine, they can be broken sometimes. What about the object on the right side? it's part of 1.2 mm thing wall - under half of a rail diesel car. I've never seen this thick of thing came in broken.

index.php?t=getfile&id=20925&private=0

Furthermore, it doesn't seem to be broken while shipping! crack line doesn't fit at all and no dust in the bag!
I highly suspect it got broken during clearning and the cleaner put broken parts as it is.

index.php?t=getfile&id=20928&private=0

And that particular car shell arrived nearly crushed and warped. Did somebody step on it?

index.php?t=getfile&id=20929&private=0

And it was first time for me that I see this kind of horrible printing lines.
Yes I KNOW ALL ABOUT THE FINE PRINTING LINES WITHIN 0.5MM PITCH OR THINGS LIKE THAT, BUT THIS TIME IT'S LARGER AND WIDER.
I am really not sure it's FUD. I've never tried FD so I don't know how FD looks alike, but I am pretty sure FUD wasn't like this before. not to mention about all details under 1mm is not printed properly but it looks like fungus grown out of the details. 0.3mm fine venting grills? no way, instead you have fungal bush their!

Generally speaking, I have an impression that stuffs printed in Netherland were super finer than this. That's what I noticed last time that I got my print from the US directly, but, yet still, nothing was broken. But what's this?

FURTHERMORE, THIS IS MY FIRST COMMERCIAL ORDER THAT SENT TO MY CLIENT Twisted Evil DIRECTLY, AND HE'S ASKING ME FULL-REFUND FOR IT'S DIFFERENT FROM WHAT I HAVE SHOWN TO HIM BEFORE.

I AM PRETTY SURE OTHER CLIENT WHO RESERVED THEIR OWN COPIES WILL ASK ME REFUND AS SOON AS THIS CLIENT GOES TO PUBLIC.

OMG.OMG.OMG.OMG

WHAT DO I DO? WHAT DO I DO?

I AM SCREWWWEDDDD Sad Confused Embarassed Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil

• Attachment: crack.jpg
    (Size: 133.65KB, Downloaded 683 time(s))

• Attachment: IMG_0237.JPG
    (Size: 457.65KB, Downloaded 670 time(s))

• Attachment: IMG_0238.jpg
    (Size: 308.66KB, Downloaded 671 time(s))

• Attachment: IMG_0241.jpg
    (Size: 176.06KB, Downloaded 662 time(s))

• Attachment: IMG_0246.jpg
    (Size: 253.58KB, Downloaded 662 time(s))

[Updated on: Fri, 28 September 2012 00:38 UTC]

Re: horrible printing and handling result [message #54594 is a reply to message #54583 ] Fri, 28 September 2012 09:57 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar MousaModels  is currently offline MousaModels
Go to my shop
Welcome to the world of 3D printing.

One of the things you have to deal with is that this process is never consistent.
Re: horrible printing and handling result [message #54596 is a reply to message #54594 ] Fri, 28 September 2012 12:26 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
No, I think it's more like a handling issue.
Yes, the horizontal lines can be referred as inconsistency, but broken parts are not.
Also cleaning is also very poor. I don't think this outcome is within the margin of error of the technology.
Especially, broken 1mm thick wall is totally unacceptable it's way beyond possible outcome.

I don't understand why service is degrading since they start to print in the US.
Less professional employees?
Re: horrible printing and handling result [message #54597 is a reply to message #54583 ] Fri, 28 September 2012 12:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
First thing you need to do is contact service. They should take care of any refunds, and reprints. This also lets them know what kind of damage customers are seeing, and allows them to figure out how to fix issues. From what you're saying this isn't only a packing/shipping issue. Parts shouldn't be sent broken without permission from the customer. Make sure you and your customer contact service so everything can be straightened out.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: horrible printing and handling result [message #54657 is a reply to message #54597 ] Sun, 30 September 2012 14:20 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar maartje  is currently offline maartje
Go to my shop
I work here
Hi KorailDHCPP,

Please sent an E-mail to me, service@shapeways.com

I want to help you out! Smile
Cheers, Maartje
Re: horrible printing and handling result [message #54716 is a reply to message #54583 ] Mon, 01 October 2012 23:45 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Datto  is currently offline Datto
Go to my shop
FUD quality does seem to have taken a hit since I've been getting parts made in the U.S. Crying or Very Sad I started a small business based upon promising early results, and now I'm Looking for alternatives and wondering if I've made a mistake. The furry rough surface, once an occasional artifact of FUD seems to be constant now. Crying or Very Sad
Re: horrible printing and handling result [message #54717 is a reply to message #54716 ] Tue, 02 October 2012 00:45 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Indeed, at least, they(shapeways) are aware of this quality issue and trying to get things corrected, I guess.
But for now, if the printing outcome goes like this, they are going to lose a lot of customers.

Call me bad luck KorailDHCPP, my clientele forum got pretty bad impression on this 3d printings and now I am nearly going out of business even before it gets on the track. Lol Twisted Evil
Re: horrible printing and handling result [message #54966 is a reply to message #54597 ] Sat, 06 October 2012 16:14 UTC Go to previous message
avatar amcintosh  is currently offline amcintosh
Go to my shop
I am certain that I have parts from someone else's print mixed in with mine. At first I thought it might be some sort of odd support, but I looked at it under a stereo microscope and I think they are some sort of coupling and wheel set for a railroad truck assembly. Printed in FUD.

Composing email to service @ shapeways.

[Updated on: Sat, 06 October 2012 16:17 UTC]

Previous Topic:My first silver print!
Next Topic:Polished WSF puzzle, dyed!!

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.