Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » 3D artist needed for scale model aircraft project RHINO preferred
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
3D artist needed for scale model aircraft project RHINO preferred [message #54270] Thu, 20 September 2012 07:19 UTC Go to next message
avatar markbuchler  is currently offline markbuchler
Go to all my models
I'm looking for an estimate from a skilled 3D modeler who is familiar with modeling aircraft. This project involves creating a solid model of a world war 2 low wing monoplane fighter in 1:48 scale, which I can then take and carve it up for actual production. I would prefer a Rhino NURBS file, as this is the program I work in. My skills are coming along, but I still cannot yet do it all to my satisfaction. The modeler should understand the subtleties of joining wings to fuselage, understand the concept of how ailerons and flaps work, and should be able to replicate fabric covered control surfaces. A background in the toy or model industry would likely be an asset. I can handle engine, cockpit, and other details. If interested, please forward a few screen captures of your past work. I will respond with a few photos and a 3-view plan of the specific aircraft we will be building.

Thank you-
Mark Buchler
Re: 3D artist needed for scale model aircraft project RHINO preferred [message #54281 is a reply to message #54270 ] Thu, 20 September 2012 13:35 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Dotsan  is currently offline Dotsan
Go to my shop
Hi Mark I can confidently call myself a Rhino expert having used it for over 10years. Please send any sample drawings and questions to info@dotsan.com

Regards
Vijay

Shapeways reviews

modeling examples

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7146/6761506563_2d250229e2_o.jpg
Your ideas modeled and checked for 3D Printing by Dot San by Dot San, on Flickr

www.dotsan.com
Re: 3D artist needed for scale model aircraft project RHINO preferred [message #54689 is a reply to message #54270 ] Mon, 01 October 2012 00:09 UTC Go to previous message
avatar CADNinja  is currently offline CADNinja
Go to my shop
Pm sent

Previous Topic:Scaling OBJ model (Metro 2033 helmet)
Next Topic:Modeler needed for a plastic belt clip

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.