Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Community » Shapeways Shops » shapeways order
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
shapeways order [message #54306] Thu, 20 September 2012 18:04 UTC Go to next message
avatar Jose_narvaez  is currently offline Jose_narvaez
Go to my shop
Hello everyone i recently make my order of the materials sample kit to check and order my models later. I just got a question: i track my order and it comes from netherlands. I thought my order was from USA. can i make my orders from this country? or this is not possible? can someone help me with this doubt i have
Re: shapeways order [message #54307 is a reply to message #54306 ] Thu, 20 September 2012 18:13 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
The sample kit will include pieces from both places. Not all the materials are produced in the US yet.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: shapeways order [message #54363 is a reply to message #54307 ] Fri, 21 September 2012 22:55 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
wich materials are from US? so i can get the 3d models faster? or it takes the same time no matter where they are from?
Re: shapeways order [message #54364 is a reply to message #54307 ] Fri, 21 September 2012 23:38 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
well i have another question: if i request 2 models of the same material at the same time, it will cost one delivery? or if i put 2 different models in a single one will reduces cost like flat handling fee?
Re: shapeways order [message #54368 is a reply to message #54364 ] Sat, 22 September 2012 03:20 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
The advertised delivery times are regardless of whether the item(s) are printed in the US or NL. At this time, things printed in the US are not necessarily delivered any faster than things printed in NL, especially if you order mutiple materials on a single order.

Last I heard, the only printer they have in the US is a FUD printer - other things such as glass, steel, WSF are all printed in NL.

There are times and situations that separate prints are sent to you in separate boxes, but you don't have to pay any extra shipping for that.

For any number of prints on one order, you pay shipping only once for everything in that order. However, if you order them as separate orders, then you'd have to pay separate shipping.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: shapeways order [message #54369 is a reply to message #54368 ] Sat, 22 September 2012 04:03 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stannum  is currently offline stannum
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Wasn't metal done in the USA? At least the worker that sometimes drops by seems to be from there. And if the guess is right, that company can do glass too (maybe not for SW).

If you mean printers in SW premises, yes, they only recently mentioned the FUD machine in NYC, and long ago some machines for WSF, Sandstone and Detail in NL.
Re: shapeways order [message #54371 is a reply to message #54369 ] Sat, 22 September 2012 04:34 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
(Joke) In a global economy, I don't care where it's printed.. I just want it here by Tuesday. (Joke)

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: shapeways order [message #54423 is a reply to message #54371 ] Sun, 23 September 2012 16:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
thanks you really clarified the doubts. I can´t wait to see my designs in my hands no matter which time takes to get to my house, hopefully not too long Laughing
Re: shapeways order [message #54454 is a reply to message #54368 ] Mon, 24 September 2012 16:25 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
stonysmith wrote on Sat, 22 September 2012 03:20

Last I heard, the only printer they have in the US is a FUD printer - other things such as glass, steel, WSF are all printed in NL.

Steel and Ceramics are US, Not sure about glass. Soon we will have more US production!

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: shapeways order [message #54545 is a reply to message #54454 ] Thu, 27 September 2012 09:48 UTC Go to previous message
avatar MitchellJetten  is currently offline MitchellJetten
Go to all my models
I work here
Glass is printed in the US Smile

Kind regards,

Mitchell Jetten
Customer Service Coordinator
Shapeways

Previous Topic:Limited issue
Next Topic:Build orientation solution?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.