Home »  » Bug Reporting » Shapeways scales down my model after uploading
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Shapeways scales down my model after uploading [message #54516] Wed, 26 September 2012 17:38 UTC Go to next message
avatar AceD  is currently offline AceD
Go to my shop
Hello,

the last days i have problems with uploading my models per STL-file in the correct size. When i upload a model which is 4cm, the preview on shapeways says 3.4~cm.
Is this just a bug or will it really be printed in 3.4cm size when ordered?
Have the problem with every model now i'm uploading. I export the models per stl. binary from ZBrush in 40mm size.
When opening the file in Maya it has the correct size of 4cm.
So what went wrong?
Re: Shapeways scales down my model after uploading [message #54518 is a reply to message #54516 ] Wed, 26 September 2012 18:16 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva is currently online Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
If you could email me the file (email is in my signature), I'll take a look at it for you. Also, in edit mode, make your model downloadable. Then get out of edit mode and download the model. And measure that. That is the file SW has on record.

Your friendly neighborhood Moderman
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Shapeways scales down my model after uploading [message #54526 is a reply to message #54516 ] Thu, 27 September 2012 00:13 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva is currently online Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
Got it all figured out. Right now sw calculates the smallest bounding box for density discounts. I mentioned that this could be confusing (like it was here) so they're looking into showing both the tight box and the box by axis so you see the numbers your expecting.

Your friendly neighborhood Moderman
michael@shapeways.com

Previous Topic:Pending Sales oddity
Next Topic:How do visitors switch currency ?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.