Home » Community » Shapeways Shops » Limited issue
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Limited issue [message #54439] Mon, 24 September 2012 12:45 UTC Go to next message
avatar macouno  is currently offline macouno
Go to my shop
Hi,

Just an idea for a feature... In the art business it's very normal to make items limited issue. That makes items much more collectible. Perhaps it's an idea for shapeways to support that concept? I think that it could really add value to certain items.
Re: Limited issue [message #54452 is a reply to message #54439 ] Mon, 24 September 2012 16:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
I've had the idea before as well. I was considering using the Co-creator, not to make limited edition, but numbered editions. And even then you could shut it down after so many or so long.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Limited issue [message #54456 is a reply to message #54452 ] Mon, 24 September 2012 16:53 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar BillBedford  is currently offline BillBedford
Go to my shop
Aren't limited editions part of the old elitist way of doing things?

Bill Bedford
Re: Limited issue [message #54535 is a reply to message #54456 ] Thu, 27 September 2012 03:38 UTC Go to previous message
avatar PeregrineStudios  is currently offline PeregrineStudios
Go to my shop
Not necessarily. It could be a commemorative thing. I have a pendant styled after the TriForce from Legend of Zelda in my shop - I initially modelled it for my girlfriend, changed the model slightly and printed her copy, and made the regular one public - so she has the only TriForce pendant like that, anywhere.

I was considering doing something similar - for example, the first... I don't know... 20 (or whatever) prints of a particular product line are made special or different, just to commemorate the beginning of a new item. Or the 100th print is made different to commemorate the milestone.

Not limited for limited's sake -- limited to commemorate an achievement, milestone, or other such event.

Previous Topic:Consistency Would be Nice
Next Topic:shapeways order

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.