Home » Community » General Discussion » Failed Order
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Failed Order [message #54313] Thu, 20 September 2012 21:22 UTC Go to next message
avatar BillBedford  is currently offline BillBedford
Go to my shop
I've recently had the following emails regarding an order:-

Sat, 15 Sep 2012 18:44:15 +0000 (UTC) -- Your Order #xxxxxx has been confirmed.
Mon, 17 Sep 2012 12:55:49 +0000 (UTC) -- Your Order #xxxxxx is en route to the 3D printers
Thu, 20 Sep 2012 05:17:41 -0400 (EDT) -- UPS Ship Notification,
Thu, 20 Sep 2012 14:02:13 +0000 (UTC) -- Products in your Shapeways Order #xxxxxx could not be 3D printed.

What is being shipped is a very small part of the original order, and I would have liked to have had the opportunity to cancel the whole order and so save one set of carriage charges.

Can it not be arranged so that all the items in an order are checked before any of them are actually put into the machines?

Bill Bedford
Re: Failed Order [message #54335 is a reply to message #54313 ] Fri, 21 September 2012 13:18 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
Bill,

This has been brought up a few time recently, and you are right. It should be that way. And we're working to get it that way. Especially if your ordering parts that should match each other. You wouldn't want to order a bolt with a matching nut, get the bolt then be told the nut can't be produced. I'll forward your post on so that it'll be added to the list requesting this.

Mike

Your friendly neighborhood Moderman
michael@shapeways.com

Previous Topic:how to create a 3-D meme
Next Topic:Pricing? what am i doing wrong

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.