Shapeways USA just announced 14k Gold, read more on the blog
Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » Portable Case 3D Model Needed
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Portable Case 3D Model Needed [message #54137] Sun, 16 September 2012 22:08 UTC Go to next message
avatar Raizer04  is currently offline Raizer04
Go to my shop
Hello,

I am trying to print out (i have a 3d printer) a case for a portable n64 project. The overall look of the case is going to mimic a gameboy advance, but it will be much larger. I need 2 cases, one with just simply a top/bottom/screen hole case, the other with all measured out holes and configurations included.

Case Generalized Specs:

-The case is going to mimic a GBA (Gameboy Advance) look (See attachment for 3d model of gameboy advance, this is not scaled....)
-The case will be two parts, top and bottom. Top will be able to be secured to bottom via 4 screws/4 screw posts (imagine a tupperware top covering the bottom half)
-Dimensions = Full Length: 8.6 inches / Full Width: 5.0 inches / Depth (thickness): 1.80 inches

Buttons:

-The buttons for the case will incorporate an N64 superpad as the A/B/C buttons, a nintendo controller (using the A/B buttons as buttons located on the shoulder buttons, and using the D-pad as the D-pad) (i have a scaled 3d model of the nintendo controller work with, N64 superpad i do not at the moment).
-The button fitment will house the buttons just like a normal controller (if you have ever taken apart a controller, the inside has grooves for the button to seat perfectly.
-Analog hole will be the exact size of the default ps2 controller analog hole

(Files included can be utilized for nintendo button portion)

Screen:

-The screen will be utilizing a 4.3" screen, simple square cutout of 54 x 95mm where the normal screen goes.

*there is a bit more design/holes needed, but i am fully willing to provide any measurement/help that I possibly can. (this includes shipping pieces in case the designer wants a hands on feel/look/measurement of any part.

*Edit, i have more files but for some reason it will only allow me to upload 1.
*Here is a 3d model of a default gameboy advance ( http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=b692235c5 42098e6d20fa0b1da0153cb&hl=en)
*Here is downloadable NES controller 3d files in case the artist might need it: ( http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:22549 )

*Here is a picture of what the finished product might mimic: http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd506/gman_modz/IMG_2012 0722_093106.jpg

*I am not having shapeway make these, i have my own 3d printer and will be printing it myself for my own project

email: Raizer012345@yahoo.com

Re: Portable Case 3D Model Needed [message #54144 is a reply to message #54137 ] Sun, 16 September 2012 23:26 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar CADNinja  is currently offline CADNinja
Go to my shop
Pm sent
Re: Portable Case 3D Model Needed [message #54145 is a reply to message #54144 ] Sun, 16 September 2012 23:44 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Raizer04  is currently offline Raizer04
Go to my shop
Email sent. Razz

Previous Topic:Need 3D modeler to create 16 caricatures to be printed on a Type A Series 1 FDM printer
Next Topic:need 3D modeler for army rc transport truck body, chassis (1/24 scale)