Home » Support » Buying » How Is Payment Calculated?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
How Is Payment Calculated? [message #54003] Thu, 13 September 2012 20:09 UTC Go to next message
avatar PeregrineStudios  is currently offline PeregrineStudios
Go to my shop
This is something I couldn't really find in a FAQ anywhere. The prices of my models are calculated by the cm3 of the model volume - it's not possible to set the price myself, correct? So if someone buys a model from my shop, what percentage of that pay is paid to me?

Basically, I'm not really clear on how payment, selling, and royalties work on Shapeways. Maybe I missed the FAQ, but I haven't been able to figure it out. Can any help me out?
Re: How Is Payment Calculated? [message #54004 is a reply to message #54003 ] Thu, 13 September 2012 20:14 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Go to your models, and when you mouse over an item, there will be a "edit product" button. Hit that, and on the product page you can set a markup that will go to you when you sell your items. You'll get paid via paypal on the 15th of every month when you have made at least $30.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: How Is Payment Calculated? [message #54005 is a reply to message #54004 ] Thu, 13 September 2012 20:16 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Aaaaah, THERE we go. Thanks for that. I sell online a lot, but I'm not used to Shapeways' interface. Thanks for the help Smile
Re: How Is Payment Calculated? [message #54006 is a reply to message #54005 ] Thu, 13 September 2012 20:20 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Er, me again - where exactly is this option? I can't seem to find it on my model.
Re: How Is Payment Calculated? [message #54008 is a reply to message #54006 ] Thu, 13 September 2012 20:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Lol me once more - I just figured it out. Sorry to spam up your forums.
Re: How Is Payment Calculated? [message #54009 is a reply to message #54003 ] Thu, 13 September 2012 20:27 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Here's a screen shot from one of my models, make sure you're in edit mode. Then you see your price (print with no markup) then you see +$0.00 that looks like a link. double click on that and you should be able to edit it for each material. You can also edit the total to automatically make your markup, as long as what you edit it too is higher than the markup free price.

index.php?t=getfile&id=20461&private=0

• Attachment: markup.png
    (Size: 32.10KB, Downloaded 184 time(s))

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate

Previous Topic:The Vibe stuck at loading!
Next Topic:Sample material coupon expires very soon

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.