Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » Need help converting Solidworks CAD drawings to finished product
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Need help converting Solidworks CAD drawings to finished product [message #53942] Wed, 12 September 2012 19:26 UTC Go to next message
avatar ucthree  is currently offline ucthree
Go to all my models
Howdy,

I had an engineer place the physical dimensions of an object I'd like to reproduce into Solidworks CAD drawings. I don't have the knowledge, tools, or time to go any further on my own.

I would imagine I'll need someone who is familiar with Solidworks and has the ability to QC the current drawings, adjust them for any deficiencies, and ultimately submit them to Shapeways for production/prototyping.

I can provide additional .pdf images and photos as well as the Solidworks files in order to assist you in generating an estimate.

Thanks for your consideration,

Mark

Re: Need help converting Solidworks CAD drawings to finished product [message #53945 is a reply to message #53942 ] Wed, 12 September 2012 19:44 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar JACANT  is currently offline JACANT
Go to my shop
It looks a complete printable shape. Why don't you just ask Service to convert it for you.
http://www.shapeways.com/tutorials/supported-applications
"If you get stuck, mail your design to service@shapeways.com and we'll try to fix or convert it for you."

jacantdesign@gmail.com
Re: Need help converting Solidworks CAD drawings to finished product [message #53947 is a reply to message #53945 ] Wed, 12 September 2012 20:04 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Rob,

Thanks for the timely reply. I did not know Shapeways offered that type of assistance and I was assuming at some point I would need a copy of Solidworks and some proficiency with it - of which, I have neither.

In light of my inexperience, I may need more handholding than they are willing to accommodate.

Thanks,

Mark
Re: Need help converting Solidworks CAD drawings to finished product [message #53955 is a reply to message #53942 ] Wed, 12 September 2012 21:43 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar denali3ddesign  is currently offline denali3ddesign
Go to my shop
Hi Mark,

If its too much for Shapeways customer service, I'll be happy to help you.

Just send the files to marcus@denali3ddesign.com and I'll get you taken care of.

Cheers,

Marcus
Re: Need help converting Solidworks CAD drawings to finished product [message #54018 is a reply to message #53942 ] Fri, 14 September 2012 06:01 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar nancychiang  is currently offline nancychiang
Go to all my models
Hi Mark,

We are a professional rapid prototype and mold making manufacturer.

If any new inquiry, pls feel free to contact me.

BR
Nancy
email:nancy@sz-vogoge.com

professional rapid prototyping & mould making manufacturer
Re: Need help converting Solidworks CAD drawings to finished product [message #54032 is a reply to message #53942 ] Fri, 14 September 2012 17:08 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Thank you for all of the responses guys. A forum member has now assisted me with this endeavor and I am now awaiting my first Shapeways design.

Thanks again,

Mark
Re: Need help converting Solidworks CAD drawings to finished product [message #54050 is a reply to message #54032 ] Sat, 15 September 2012 00:45 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Fredd  is currently offline Fredd
Go to all my models
Be sure to post a pic of it here.Smile Nice to see a good finished product, least for ideas,

Have any questions regarding Blender, and need fast answers, you are always welcome at the IRC Server Freenode, channel #blender. As a bonus, several there have experience in modelling for 3D prints.

Keith

Previous Topic:Lens array or mold needed
Next Topic:Black and White design into Silver Jewelry

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.