Home » Community » General Discussion » How accurate is the Process?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
How accurate is the Process? [message #53916] Wed, 12 September 2012 01:08 UTC Go to next message
avatar darrielc  is currently offline darrielc
Go to my shop
I wonder if I can get any input on the accuracy of the steel printing process. I want to create knife handles for folders and each side needs to match up like a puzzle. Has anyone done anything similar - like a puzzle or parts that need to fit together?

"D" Rocket Designs by Darriel Caston
Re: How accurate is the Process? [message #53967 is a reply to message #53916 ] Thu, 13 September 2012 03:04 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar neuralfirings  is currently offline neuralfirings
Go to my shop
On the Stainless Steel page, the accuracy states as +/- 2mm. http://www.shapeways.com/materials/steel-design-guidelines

You can also see some inaccuracies if you scroll down the page, and look at the rule regarding engraved details.

The Strong & Flexible material, however, is fairly accurate.. and cheaper!
Re: How accurate is the Process? [message #53971 is a reply to message #53967 ] Thu, 13 September 2012 03:33 UTC Go to previous message
avatar darrielc  is currently offline darrielc
Go to my shop
I've looked at the spec sheet, but I noticed that some makers are making puzzle rings that are getting pretty good accuracies on their prints. I wanted to get real world input from those who actual printed products that needed to fit tightly together.

"D" Rocket Designs by Darriel Caston

Previous Topic:Shop payments due soon
Next Topic:3D printers

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.