Home » Community » General Discussion » How accurate is the Process?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
How accurate is the Process? [message #53916] Wed, 12 September 2012 01:08 UTC Go to next message
avatar darrielc  is currently offline darrielc
Go to my shop
I wonder if I can get any input on the accuracy of the steel printing process. I want to create knife handles for folders and each side needs to match up like a puzzle. Has anyone done anything similar - like a puzzle or parts that need to fit together?

"D" Rocket Designs by Darriel Caston
Re: How accurate is the Process? [message #53967 is a reply to message #53916 ] Thu, 13 September 2012 03:04 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar neuralfirings  is currently offline neuralfirings
Go to my shop
On the Stainless Steel page, the accuracy states as +/- 2mm. http://www.shapeways.com/materials/steel-design-guidelines

You can also see some inaccuracies if you scroll down the page, and look at the rule regarding engraved details.

The Strong & Flexible material, however, is fairly accurate.. and cheaper!
Re: How accurate is the Process? [message #53971 is a reply to message #53967 ] Thu, 13 September 2012 03:33 UTC Go to previous message
avatar darrielc  is currently offline darrielc
Go to my shop
I've looked at the spec sheet, but I noticed that some makers are making puzzle rings that are getting pretty good accuracies on their prints. I wanted to get real world input from those who actual printed products that needed to fit tightly together.

"D" Rocket Designs by Darriel Caston

Previous Topic:Shop payments due soon
Next Topic:3D printers