Home » Community » Work in progress » Dragonfly Kinetic Statue - My First Moving Parts Project
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Dragonfly Kinetic Statue - My First Moving Parts Project [message #53456] Sat, 01 September 2012 00:52 UTC Go to next message
avatar rithmikansur  is currently offline rithmikansur
Go to my shop
I'll be placing my first order over the weekend after some intense scrutiny and double checking of all my clearances.
It's a tiny little bugger. just over 2" in diameter at the base. you might say it's life sized, depending on the species of dragonfly.

Below is a little still image of it.
There's also a video i put on youtube of what it *should* do when you turn the gear.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-e1IQ596yB7Y/UEFYrUYqMjI/AAAAAAAAAKg/rvLIaSVJdNk/s1600/dragonfly.jpg

The gear case at the bottom is a snap fit with some prongs.
The wings are driven up by the pistons, and hopefully Confused are heavy enough to fall back down under their own weight without binding up.

I always post about what i'm doing on my blog if anyone is interested.
It hasn't been around long. Only since I stumbled upon shapeways. Very Happy

I'm amped though. I can't wait to get this thing!!
I hope so much that it works as expected!

Any feedback would be great. It is my first order. So, If I made any obvious mistakes. I would like to fix them before I actually place the order tomorrow.

Thanks!
Rith

Blogging about shapeways, inventor, and anything else that crosses my mind
rithforms.blogspot.com
Re: Dragonfly Kinetic Statue - My First Moving Parts Project [message #53885 is a reply to message #53456 ] Tue, 11 September 2012 17:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar rithmikansur  is currently offline rithmikansur
Go to my shop
tracking number received!
shipping today!!
I can't wait!!!!

Blogging about shapeways, inventor, and anything else that crosses my mind
rithforms.blogspot.com
Re: Dragonfly Kinetic Statue - My First Moving Parts Project [message #53891 is a reply to message #53456 ] Tue, 11 September 2012 18:07 UTC Go to previous message
avatar MikeP  is currently offline MikeP
Go to my shop
Wow. Very nice.

You must post pics when it arrives.

Previous Topic:DNA Egg-Cup Sculpture with Salt & Pepper Dispenser
Next Topic:1:120 TT Scale cars

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.