Now Through Sunday Night. Black Friday Deals & Free Shipping! See the deals.
Home » Community » It arrived! » WSF Sway Bar Mount
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
WSF Sway Bar Mount [message #53752] Fri, 07 September 2012 19:29 UTC Go to next message
avatar Ccamp12  is currently offline Ccamp12
Go to all my models
Hey, this is my first post (second printing). I designed a sway bar mount to bolt on my aftermarket sway bar to my Nissan Titan, there isn't currently a bushing available for the aftermarket bar to fit properly.

I decided to print out my prototype to check fits and tolerances, the bushing has a perfect "snug fit" and compression allowance. After printing this, I sent the deposit to have 26 of these machined from 6061 aluminum and have already pre-sold every pair!

Shapeways helped me put my design into reality for proof-of-concept and gave me the confidence to produce this custom part to the Nissan world!

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h193/silentsprintero/Untitled-1.jpg
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h193/silentsprintero/DSC_1540.jpg

- Chris C.
Re: WSF Sway Bar Mount [message #53778 is a reply to message #53752 ] Sat, 08 September 2012 13:55 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar rithmikansur  is currently offline rithmikansur
Go to my shop
awesome Smile
rapid prototyping FTW!

Blogging about shapeways, inventor, and anything else that crosses my mind
rithforms.blogspot.com
Re: WSF Sway Bar Mount [message #53789 is a reply to message #53778 ] Sat, 08 September 2012 18:18 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar TechyBen  is currently offline TechyBen
Go to my shop
Nice to see that work out. Oh, and glad you mentioned the real parts are being machined out of the appropriate metal. Else I'm not sure what stresses the printed version is up to! Razz
Re: WSF Sway Bar Mount [message #53844 is a reply to message #53789 ] Mon, 10 September 2012 18:52 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Ccamp12  is currently offline Ccamp12
Go to all my models
Ha yea, I don't think this would hold up to the stresses of a sway bar!

I just sent the order for my 3D "logo" as a 1-5/8" x 1-5/8" token in SS, can't wait to get that!!

Previous Topic:"Drink to Your DNA!" - Espresso & Sake Tower Cup
Next Topic:Avengers Logo Lapel Pin

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.