Home » Community » Introductions » Good __(insert here as appropriate)__ morning - afternoon - evening
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Good __(insert here as appropriate)__ morning - afternoon - evening [message #53783] Sat, 08 September 2012 15:45 UTC Go to next message
avatar erellor  is currently offline erellor
Go to all my models
Ok, so I have been geeking out all night since I found this site. Shocked

My name is Erika and I live in Indiana. I am simply amazed by this technology. I found out about 3D printing on a doll forum. Another collector has ordered unique items as props for her dolls as it is difficult to find scale appropriate items. She explained it to me and I had a difficult time grasping the concept until my husband pulled up a video and really broke it down for me. After the initial shock wore off, I emailed friends of mine and practically shouted from my rooftop about my discovery. (still geeking out apparently) I collect various types of dolls including ball joint dolls and have several other hobbies involving varying degrees of crafting. For a long time I have spent countless hours scouring the internet and local resale shops for specific items to complete one artistic endeavor or another. I am gobsmacked that now, I have access to anything imaginable. I am not very adept with computer software so I plan to use Shapeways to make connections with people and commission what I am looking for. I am glad to enter into this community and look forward to meeting others.

Re: Good __(insert here as appropriate)__ morning - afternoon - evening [message #53834 is a reply to message #53783 ] Mon, 10 September 2012 12:42 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva is currently online Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Welcome, when you're ready, check out the modeler for hire section!

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate

Previous Topic:Just wanted to say Hi from So. Cal. USA
Next Topic:Western, Fun and Down Home on the Range

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.