Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » US T28/T95 GMC
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
US T28/T95 GMC [message #52359] Tue, 07 August 2012 21:48 UTC Go to next message
avatar dan.cyr@sbcglobal.net  is currently offline dan.cyr@sbcglobal.net
Go to all my models
I'm looking to find out what it would take to have a 15 mm scale (1/100) model of this vehicle made. Tired of being destroyed by it in World of Tanks (smile).

Below is a site showing the vehicle

http://gunpoint-3d.com/model-T28.html

Could it be created for a reasonable cost? What?

Could it be physically made for a resonable cost? What?

Am I better off learning how to create than hire someone?

Thanks,

Down_Deep
Re: US T28/T95 GMC [message #53499 is a reply to message #52359 ] Sun, 02 September 2012 09:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar TechyBen  is currently offline TechyBen
Go to my shop
If you can download the file from the link you posted, you may be able to adapt it to a solid that can be printed. Have you tried any of the tools available on the instruction sections of the forums?
Re: US T28/T95 GMC [message #53524 is a reply to message #53499 ] Mon, 03 September 2012 01:19 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Modelsbymarsden  is currently offline Modelsbymarsden
Go to my shop
At that scale you will have to simplify it a lot, most of the thinner, delicate parts such as the machine gun on top and all those bits on the side will have to be done away with or just made a bit thicker than the scale.

www.modelsbymarsden.com
Re: US T28/T95 GMC [message #53529 is a reply to message #53524 ] Mon, 03 September 2012 08:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Yes, I agree with that, especially if being made small. I you still wish to model them, you would probably have to do it by hand with something like piano wire or another material (I use to use small plastic rods bought from the hobby store).
Re: US T28/T95 GMC [message #53651 is a reply to message #53529 ] Wed, 05 September 2012 19:07 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Modelsbymarsden  is currently offline Modelsbymarsden
Go to my shop
Or you could have them lasercut, better yet would be brass etching as you can get some real delicate pieces done this way.

www.modelsbymarsden.com
Re: US T28/T95 GMC [message #53673 is a reply to message #52359 ] Thu, 06 September 2012 06:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Reidh  is currently offline Reidh
Go to all my models
The site that you have a link to, only charges you 35 USD to download the entire 3d model in even .3ds format.. then you do that and simply upload that same model to Shapeways upload site according to their specs ( about which you can inquire before you buy the model ) tell them the size you want and voila! your model at cost. It would really be prohibitively expensive for you to pay to have that model built over from scratch. And you can make as many shapeway models as you can sell too. Shocked Surprised Very Happy
Re: US T28/T95 GMC [message #53675 is a reply to message #53673 ] Thu, 06 September 2012 07:19 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
AFAIK the Shapeways uploader may reject the model for being too detailed. So it may not be possible to upload the original with so many small details.

Previous Topic:quick job (hands forming an 'R') metal necklace.
Next Topic:I need a smooth, flanged bushing

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.