Home »  » Bug Reporting » InShape 2.0 Launched...CO-CREATORS FIXED!
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Re: InShape 2.0 Launched today, notice anything? [message #53398 is a reply to message #53390 ] Thu, 30 August 2012 21:57 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar pinddle  is currently offline pinddle
Go to my shop
I'm in the UK but I am seeing all prices in dollars.The only time I can see Euros is in the basket if I try to buy something.So why are others not able to see prices in dollars, even their own products?
I think the euro vs dollar pricing system should be adjusted so that only people actually in the euro zone have to pay in euros.Those outside are better off paying in dollars.
Re: InShape 2.0 Launched today, notice anything? [message #53400 is a reply to message #53398 ] Thu, 30 August 2012 22:45 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Did you add your shipping address yet?
It seemed to me, that when I filled the new required data for shipping in 'My Account' pricing went from USD to Euro in 'My Models'

I am in the UK, part of the so-called 'Euro Zone' that doesn't use Euros. Shapeways calculates model price in USD which is a static value whereas the Euro price of a model can fluctuate depending upon whatever undisclosed number Shapeways use for their USD/Euro exchange rate. USD pricing is simples, its what it says. Euro pricing means messing around with a calculator using the model volume and material pricing to figure out just what the model really costs (in USD) before faffing about calculating the exchange rate.

And when a local asks me how much for whatever I happen to be wearing, they're not going to be impressed when I tell them I ain't got a clue.

Paul
Re: InShape 2.0 Launched today, notice anything? [message #53409 is a reply to message #53366 ] Fri, 31 August 2012 03:55 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar dgr2  is currently offline dgr2
Go to my shop
Natalia,

When you said that the billing address and shipping address must match or you can't complete the order and go to check out, is it just the country that has to match? Or is it the whole address? I use a different billing and shipping addres, but they are in the same country, the UK. Can I keep to this in future?

dgr2
Re: InShape 2.0 Launched today, notice anything? [message #53410 is a reply to message #53409 ] Fri, 31 August 2012 04:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
I am pretty sure that she only meant "the same country".

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: InShape 2.0 Launched today, notice anything? [message #53426 is a reply to message #53400 ] Fri, 31 August 2012 14:10 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
stop4stuff wrote on Thu, 30 August 2012 22:45

Did you add your shipping address yet?
It seemed to me, that when I filled the new required data for shipping in 'My Account' pricing went from USD to Euro in 'My Models'
Paul

I haven't ordered anything since the InShape2 launch, and haven't changed any of my details.
I plan to order something this weekend, I'll let you know what happens.
Re: InShape 2.0 Launched today, notice anything? [message #53432 is a reply to message #53426 ] Fri, 31 August 2012 17:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Head to http://www.shapeways.com/addresses and fill in the info required Wink

Re: InShape 2.0 Launched today, notice anything? [message #53486 is a reply to message #53432 ] Sat, 01 September 2012 22:41 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar tebee  is currently offline tebee
Go to my shop
Am I right in thinking the "Yippee! You've sold models through your Shapeways Shop" emails are now coming as soon as anyone buys something rather than once a day as before ? I've had three today at various times.

Think I prefer it this way.

Tom
Re: InShape 2.0 Launched today, notice anything? [message #53498 is a reply to message #52824 ] Sun, 02 September 2012 09:17 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar AD-Edge  is currently offline AD-Edge
Go to my shop
Anymore updates? Guessing theres some more technical issues going on behind the scenes still.
Just wanting to be able to keep track of my sales again soon :/

Re: InShape 2.0 Launched today, notice anything? [message #53506 is a reply to message #53498 ] Sun, 02 September 2012 17:55 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Having completed my order I am now only seeing prices in Euros. Evil or Very Mad

I think us non Euro-zone Europeans should be able to choose Dollars as the default currency.
Re: InShape 2.0 Launched today, notice anything? [message #53507 is a reply to message #53506 ] Sun, 02 September 2012 18:08 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
pinddle wrote on Sun, 02 September 2012 17:55

Having completed my order I am now only seeing prices in Euros. Evil or Very Mad

I think us non Euro-zone Europeans should be able to choose Dollars as the default currency.

I think as Shapeways price models in USD at a static value, anyone in the world should have the choice to pay for their purchases in whatever currency they choose. Today's exchange rate is about 2.1 % over what I've calculated Shapeways conversion to be - add in VAT and us europeans paid in dollars from Shapeways shop payments have the privilege of losing a good chunk via PayPal, Shapeways undisclosed exchange rate and VAT on top of purchase price & shipping Sad

Paul

Re: InShape 2.0 Launched today, notice anything? [message #53508 is a reply to message #53507 ] Sun, 02 September 2012 18:28 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
As of today I seem to have stopped getting the "Thanks for uploading a model" emails when uploading a new model.
Re: InShape 2.0 Launched today, notice anything? [message #53509 is a reply to message #53507 ] Sun, 02 September 2012 18:58 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
Seeing that shapeways has a presence in the netherlands, it is also not quite clear to me
why they require Europeans to register with paypal just to open a "shop" instead of just
asking for the IBAN of a regular bank account.
Re: InShape 2.0 Launched today, notice anything? [message #53510 is a reply to message #53508 ] Sun, 02 September 2012 19:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
tebee wrote on Sun, 02 September 2012 18:28

As of today I seem to have stopped getting the "Thanks for uploading a model" emails when uploading a new model.

This was working for me as of yesterday... however, I did notice that when UPDATING an existing file I did not get that message. Not too big a deal unless one is concerned that the upload didn't work. I merely wait for the "Your model is ready..." email.

Glenn

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: InShape 2.0 Launched today, notice anything? [message #53512 is a reply to message #53509 ] Sun, 02 September 2012 19:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar BillBedford  is currently offline BillBedford
Go to my shop
mkroeker wrote on Sun, 02 September 2012 18:58

Seeing that shapeways has a presence in the netherlands, it is also not quite clear to me
why they require Europeans to register with paypal just to open a "shop" instead of just

Credit checks?

Bill Bedford
Re: InShape 2.0 Launched today, notice anything? [message #53513 is a reply to message #53512 ] Sun, 02 September 2012 19:33 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
BillBedford wrote on Sun, 02 September 2012 19:27

mkroeker wrote on Sun, 02 September 2012 18:58

Credit checks?

IBAN = International Bank Account Number = already have verification because you have a bank account = why would anyone need a credit check to be paid by Shapeways?

[Updated on: Sun, 02 September 2012 19:34 UTC]

Re: InShape 2.0 Launched today, notice anything? [message #53514 is a reply to message #52824 ] Sun, 02 September 2012 19:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I just went back to my first order in 'My Orders'

The numbers are wrong - they are a reflection of what is charged today, not what was charged in July 2010
VAT was charged at 19% not 20%
Shipping was free if the order was over $25 not a flat $9.50 shipping charge

Overall the invoice shows money as still due and shows the order will ship by 18th September Rolling Eyes

Re: InShape 2.0 Launched today, notice anything? [message #53515 is a reply to message #53508 ] Sun, 02 September 2012 19:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
tebee wrote on Sun, 02 September 2012 18:28

I've had several of those emails today and yesterday.But I'm not sure if I got one for every upload I made.
Re: InShape 2.0 Launched today, notice anything? [message #53555 is a reply to message #52824 ] Mon, 03 September 2012 18:22 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Friday, a Yipee email came through with the markup in the USD currency.
Today, a Yipee email came through with the markup in the Euro currency.

Please sort this out, I would like to use USD!

And, how will this effect the hidden shop earnings?
I am not prepared for the earnings side of things to be kept hidden and will voice my concerns at every oportunity!

Very upset,
Paul King

nufsed

Re: InShape 2.0 Launched today, notice anything? [message #53559 is a reply to message #53555 ] Mon, 03 September 2012 20:00 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I've managed to get my shop back to $ by changing my address to 1600 Pennsylvania avenue, Washington, 20500 District of Columbia ..

But this means I can't order anything myself, but at least it gets my shop prices back to matching the figures in all my costing spreadsheets - this would be even more messy for me as I spend part of the year in the euro zone and part in Asia, which I assumes is still using $ prices.

On a brighter note the yippee messages now tell you if you have sold something without mark-up . The bad part of this is that I found this out by someone ordering something in a material it should not be available in - I'd recently added this product(and loads of others) and have been unable to easily check I've got all the materials set right as someone has not got around to getting the mark-up CSV working yet.........

Tom
Re: InShape 2.0 Launched today, notice anything? [message #53567 is a reply to message #53559 ] Tue, 04 September 2012 07:28 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Dragoman  is currently offline Dragoman
Go to my shop
A new feature in the materials column of a model i uploaded:
http://www.shapeways.com/model/688235/

index.php?t=getfile&id=20138&private=0

I assume the red exclamation mark indicates some kind of error?
The e-mail did not indicate anything special, only the standard text:
> Using our Mesh Medic technology, we were able to correct a few issues with your model file.
I also don't understand why alumide doesn't have the mark, but WSF does.?

The actual issue maybe that the item is too small (I scaled it incorrectly), but it would be nice if I could see somewhere what the issue is, exactly.

Greetigns
Dragoman.

• Attachment: shw_04.09.png
    (Size: 31.51KB, Downloaded 350 time(s))

[Updated on: Tue, 04 September 2012 07:30 UTC]

Re: InShape 2.0 Launched today, notice anything? [message #53569 is a reply to message #53567 ] Tue, 04 September 2012 07:40 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
The exclamation mark indicates the model has some small features/wall thicknesses and that it is not suitable for printing in that material.

Alumide seems to have been ignored in this process as a 1mm cube will show as a printable model in 'My Models', even though a rejection email will be sent for the model.

As for, Using our Mesh Medic technology, we were able to correct a few issues with your model file, this is sent with every upload acceptance email regardless of whether there was actually anything wrong with the model or not.

Paul,

Re: InShape 2.0 Launched today, notice anything? [message #53570 is a reply to message #53569 ] Tue, 04 September 2012 07:52 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
It's not a new feature , it sneaked in some time ago http://www.shapeways.com/blog/archives/1421-New-Automated-Ch ecks-for-Your-Uploads-to-Shapeways-UPDATE.html

Yes, I too, missed that announcement and posted about it on here when I first saw it Embarassed

It does have a mouseover explaining what it is.

It's not infallible - I've got models flagged by it where not only can I not find what it is complaining about, but that have subsequently been printed in the materials it says will not print. Most times it does seem to work though.

Tom
Re: InShape 2.0 Launched today, notice anything? [message #53574 is a reply to message #53570 ] Tue, 04 September 2012 10:53 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Dragoman  is currently offline Dragoman
Go to my shop
Thanks for teh explanation. I missed teh mouseover - guess I'm too impatinet.

Greetings
Dragoman
Re: InShape 2.0 Launched today, notice anything? [message #53640 is a reply to message #52824 ] Wed, 05 September 2012 16:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar natalia  is currently offline natalia
Go to all my models
I work here
Hey guys,

In case you missed it I put a lengthy update in this thread: http://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=10718& amp;&goto=53604

But in summary:
We're still working on the MySales page. Good news is that this pay period (15th Sept) everyone will get paid regardless of whether you meet the $30 minimum.

UserVoice is working, but single-sign on is not.

and we continue to log and fix bugs everyday.

I will continue to post updates until we are done.

Best,
Natalia

Shapeways Community Manager
Re: InShape 2.0 Launched today, notice anything? [message #53758 is a reply to message #52824 ] Fri, 07 September 2012 21:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I work here
An update on the big picture, as we've been working on this for weeks now...

Hi Guys,

I hear your frustration, and believe me, it has been for me as well, knowing that our systems changes are affecting our community.

InShape 2.0 was a monumental change in architecture affecting everything from production turnaround time to pageload times. We needed to move the monster stone so we can make changes faster in the future. (Read all about it here: http://www.shapeways.com/blog/archives/1580-Big-Changes-Comi ng-to-Shapeways-this-Weekend.html )
Since the update, our small team has been working around the clock to ensure that core processes like orders being made and shipped were minimally affected.

While we've focused on production first, we know that shopowners have been impacted as well and we've had one of our senior developers working like mad so that hopefully next week we'll have some good news on the shopowner front both in terms of sales visibility and co-creators.

Despite a lack of insight into our bugs queue, we have been resolving a large volume of bugs every day that could potentially have affected a large portion of our community and in the near future will be in a much better place than we ever were.

Thank you for your continued patience everyone, I will have more news next week!

Best,
Natalia

Re: InShape 2.0 Launched today, notice anything? [message #53851 is a reply to message #52824 ] Mon, 10 September 2012 22:53 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I've just found a new, if fairly minor bug. on the shop inventory page http://www.shapeways.com/shop/inventory if you select materials on a model. when you close the materials page down and go back to the original page you have lost the scroll bars on that page and can't move to another model. I'm using Chrome Version 23.0.1255.0 dev-m

Tom
Re: InShape 2.0 Launched today, notice anything? [message #53877 is a reply to message #52824 ] Tue, 11 September 2012 16:01 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Just logged in to see the new front page design... On the right is a huge box to click on to "See What's Trending Now". This takes you to the Feed of the Future page - great, but you STILL haven't fixed the probelm with this page: When a user clicks on the Load More button at the bottom all that happens is the SAME page is tacked on to the end of the existing page - NO new models are shown.

I wrote about this myself in the past - as have others - and yet you introduce this new HUGE clickable link on the home page which leads to a broken part of the site. Doesn't inspire confidence.

Glenn

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: InShape 2.0 Launched today, notice anything? [message #53881 is a reply to message #52824 ] Tue, 11 September 2012 16:40 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I work here
Update from the front lines...
CSV markup page is now LIVE!

RIght this minute, you can now download your CSV markup - which allows you to see markups in either Euro or USD.

http://www.shapeways.com/shop/markup-csv

More updates later today, just wanted to share this as soon as it was released!

Best,
Natalia

Re: InShape 2.0 Launched today, notice anything? [message #53883 is a reply to message #53881 ] Tue, 11 September 2012 16:55 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Thanks, it's good to have that back

Keep making progress Cool

Tom
Re: InShape 2.0 Launched... MY SALES PAGE RETURNS! [message #53899 is a reply to message #52824 ] Tue, 11 September 2012 20:48 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I work here
Hi guys,

Some of you have expressed concern over not seeing your sales since August 18th....and I'm EXTREMELY EXCITED to share that the My Sales page is going live on Friday!

We want to reassure you that despite you not being able to view them, we have been tracking and recording all sales and earnings data the entire time. While we work to have the "My Sales" pages fixed and available on Friday Sept 14th, we understand that some of you might want some insight into your earnings a little sooner, given that payments will be done on the 15th of this month.

If you would like to see your sales before the My Sales page goes live on Friday, Josh, our VP of Engineering, is more than happy to provide you with a spreadsheet of your sales from this period. Just email me directly and I will get them to you pronto!

Once again, thank you for you patience, and feel free to reach out with any questions!

Best,
Natalia
natalia@shapeways.com

Re: InShape 2.0 Launched... MY SALES PAGE RETURNS! [message #54058 is a reply to message #53899 ] Sat, 15 September 2012 05:43 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
natalia wrote on Tue, 11 September 2012 20:48

Hi guys,

Some of you have expressed concern over not seeing your sales since August 18th....and I'm EXTREMELY EXCITED to share that the My Sales page is going live on Friday!

We want to reassure you that despite you not being able to view them, we have been tracking and recording all sales and earnings data the entire time. While we work to have the "My Sales" pages fixed and available on Friday Sept 14th, we understand that some of you might want some insight into your earnings a little sooner, given that payments will be done on the 15th of this month.

Well it seems to have got to Saturday the 15th just about everywhere in the world and it would appear the "My Sales" page still is not working.

So where are we up to on these ? I assume we are still getting paid today?

Tom
Re: InShape 2.0 Launched... MY SALES PAGE RETURNS! [message #54059 is a reply to message #54058 ] Sat, 15 September 2012 06:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I work here
Hi Tom,

Hold tight! We're almost there ...
<3 the working-through-the-night NY Team & Natalia

[Updated on: Sat, 15 September 2012 08:20 UTC]

Re: InShape 2.0 Launched... MY SALES PAGE RETURNS! [message #54061 is a reply to message #54059 ] Sat, 15 September 2012 06:43 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I work here
Hey guys you've all probably seen this email we sent out earlier today with your payments:

Hi Guys,

We'd like to thank you for making the Shapeways marketplace amazing and we are happy to share a few improvements we think you'll be excited about.

We've improved the way we process payments in order to pay you faster for your sales. We are getting rid of the "30 day freeze period" so your markup is ready for payment to you as soon as items that you've sold are shipped. For example, if your item is shipped on the 14th, you will get paid the markup for that item the very next day on the 15th. If your item is shipped on the 15th or 16th, you will be paid the following month on the 15th. Please be aware that until you earn more than US$30 in markups, no payment will be made. Additionally, for this month only, we are paying everyone, regardless of whether you met the $30 minimum, in order to clear the books and start fresh.

With every monthly payment that we deposit into your PayPal account, we will send you an email notification with the total amount paid and a link to a report detailing all items sold.

This link will take you to the improved My Sales Page which gives you a detailed view of your sales history. We are providing absolute transparency into your sales on an item by item basis. We are showing you pending, confirmed and past sales all in one easy place.

With our new data structure, we are able to break each order down into its individual items and thus eliminate any discrepancies.  We now show your exact markup to be earned as soon as each item ships.

We know that many of you already run your business on Shapeways, and this is a huge step towards making that a much better experience.

For more information on specific scenarios and examples, feel free to check out 'How we Pay'  or the Shops FAQ's.

As always, feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns,

Best,
Natalia and the whole Shapeways Team

-----

I also wanted to provide some additional information: As you look through your history on the My Sales page, you may notice some small discrepancies in reporting prior to August 15th. These reflect the payment corrections we made in May and they are now clearly visible as a result of this update in our reporting.

As we move to an item by item invoicing system all information on the My Sales page after August 15th is accurate to the double decimal point and it eliminates any potential rounding errors, or errors caused by splitting and combining of orders.

If you have any more questions, concerns or feedback, the entire service team will be back on Monday.

In the meantime, we're here on the forums for you

Best,
Natalia

Re: InShape 2.0 Launched... MY SALES PAGE RETURNS! [message #54062 is a reply to message #54059 ] Sat, 15 September 2012 06:49 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
OK I'll forgive you then - I assume you are just too busy to let us know then ? Twisted Evil

Actually for me this is probably divine retribution - I was a programer for 27 years so I know what it's like at your end . Now I get to experience what I doled out to my users.........

Tom
Re: InShape 2.0 Launched today, MY SALES RETURNS!! [message #54063 is a reply to message #52824 ] Sat, 15 September 2012 07:00 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar AD-Edge  is currently offline AD-Edge
Go to my shop
Pending sales page is back online Smile *edit* I like how its now broken into two sections, the pending sales and confirmed sales.
And I just received my first Shapeways payment, good stuff! I look forward to future 15th's

And heres hoping the team can do that relaxing thing again sometime soon? If you all still remember what that is of course Razz

[Updated on: Sat, 15 September 2012 07:02 UTC]

Re: InShape 2.0 Launched today, MY SALES RETURNS!! [message #54064 is a reply to message #54063 ] Sat, 15 September 2012 07:03 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I work here
@AD: Yeah... I think relaxing may involve catching some zzzzzz's for us now!

@Tom: haha Very Happy indeed! thanks for your patience. I guess the early bird catches the.....brand new payments!

[Updated on: Sat, 15 September 2012 07:04 UTC]

Re: InShape 2.0 Launched today, MY SALES RETURNS!! [message #54065 is a reply to message #54064 ] Sat, 15 September 2012 07:04 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar jlevine  is currently offline jlevine
Go to my shop
I work here
Cool

VP of Engineering | Shapeways
Re: InShape 2.0 Launched today, MY SALES RETURNS!! [message #54066 is a reply to message #54065 ] Sat, 15 September 2012 07:20 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar fakebusker83  is currently offline fakebusker83
Go to my shop
Minor, minor nitpick...the order overview XLS files are still not updated...

But seriously, who needs that now? The My Sales page is providing all the information I need so far, it seems that the XLS file feels superfluous at the moment.

Everything looks great, guys! The page layout looks clean and informative, I can't ask for anything else.

Now, go sleep! We love you Shapeways!
Re: InShape 2.0 Launched today, MY SALES RETURNS!! [message #54067 is a reply to message #54066 ] Sat, 15 September 2012 07:59 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
yes thanks guys and gals

You've done a good job - in the end Twisted Evil

Think this is much better than what we had

But as usual I'm not 100% satisfied - can I request the first change ?
In the unshipped orders can we have the date the order was placed too please? Then we can tie these back to the yippie! emails.

A good(bad?) user is never satisfied......

Tom

Re: InShape 2.0 Launched today, MY SALES RETURNS!! [message #54068 is a reply to message #52824 ] Sat, 15 September 2012 08:24 UTC Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Go to all my models
I work here
Thanks Tom, we'll add it to the list of improvements for next time
Wink

Pages (4): [ «    1  2  3  4    »] 

Previous Topic:Promo code preventing checkout
Next Topic:Changing material in cart impossible when not logged in

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.