Home »  » 3D Design » Need Help Converting .vtf file to .stl
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Need Help Converting .vtf file to .stl [message #52498] Sat, 11 August 2012 21:48 UTC Go to next message
avatar REJewelry  is currently offline REJewelry
Go to my shop
Hi all,

I need a bit of instruction to convert my files to .stl. I use the design version of vision numerics cad program called 3Design. With the design version you can model but can't export to .stl unless you purchase the pro version which is a hefty bill.

I was wondering if anyone new the work around on how to export the file to .stl? Currently I can save it as .vtf which stands for vision numeric/ three design/ file. Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks,

Rachel
Re: Need Help Converting .vtf file to .stl [message #52693 is a reply to message #52498 ] Thu, 16 August 2012 06:48 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar SGDesigns  is currently offline SGDesigns
Go to my shop
Let me see if I can open a .vtf file but you might want to check out this shapeways link, they might also be able to help. Should be the first thread up top.

http://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=thread&frm_id =87&

[Updated on: Thu, 16 August 2012 06:50 UTC]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Sal G -
My Website
www.sgcustomsilver.com
Facebook Page
www.facebook.com/SGCustomSilver
Re: Need Help Converting .vtf file to .stl [message #52735 is a reply to message #52693 ] Thu, 16 August 2012 21:28 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar REJewelry  is currently offline REJewelry
Go to my shop
Hi Sal,

Here is one of the files. Let me know if you can get it open.

Very much appreciated!!

Rachel

Re: Need Help Converting .vtf file to .stl [message #52740 is a reply to message #52735 ] Fri, 17 August 2012 02:02 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I can't open this file but I see this program also allows you to export as a Rhino file. What other file types can you export as?

[Updated on: Fri, 17 August 2012 18:21 UTC]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Sal G -
My Website
www.sgcustomsilver.com
Facebook Page
Re: Need Help Converting .vtf file to .stl [message #53502 is a reply to message #52735 ] Sun, 02 September 2012 11:27 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Email this guy

jewelrydesignservices@gmail.com

- Sal G -
My Website
www.sgcustomsilver.com
Facebook Page

Previous Topic:Painting directly onto the mesh surface, How??
Next Topic:Stainless Steel Questions and help needed.

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.