Home » Community » General Discussion » Taps n Dies on stainless/ Threadmaking thread?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Taps n Dies on stainless/ Threadmaking thread? [message #53463] Sat, 01 September 2012 09:34 UTC Go to next message
avatar Tigermoth  is currently offline Tigermoth
Go to my shop
Just wondering if anyone has used tap n die on Stainless models for making threads and how they went.

My 3d skills are not good enough to make the threads in 3d, so putting a die on a post to make a thread seem to be the quicker option at the moment. but would also be interested to hear from others that have and how well they held up in Stainless, or any SW materials for that matter. Smile
Re: Taps n Dies on stainless/ Threadmaking thread? [message #53542 is a reply to message #53463 ] Mon, 03 September 2012 16:59 UTC Go to previous message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Never tried it but I think in stainless you could have a lot of problems. If you've ever tried polishing it you've noticed that the suface is usallly pitted to a lesser or greater degree. If using a die I can image that pitting on the threads being a real pain.

Glenn

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery

Previous Topic:Download your markup CSV
Next Topic:[We want your Feedback!] User Profiles -- Suggestions and Ideas

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.