Home » Community » General Discussion » Un-connected models
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Un-connected models [message #53423] Fri, 31 August 2012 12:12 UTC Go to next message
avatar HystericalParoxysm  is currently offline HystericalParoxysm
Go to all my models
I'm currently working on splitting up the various pieces I need to print, to make the post-processing I need to do on my pieces easier. The pieces are designed to fit back together, and I'll probably have at least 50 small pieces that all have to fit back together in a very precise way.

Here's an example:

index.php?t=getfile&id=20082&private=0

Can I print this piece as a single model? I am able to upload it just fine as one, but I don't know if it would get rejected when I actually go to order because the elements are not physically connected and are not "intertwined" like some of the chain link sort of prints I've seen.

• Attachment: leg.jpg
    (Size: 57.49KB, Downloaded 104 time(s))

Re: Un-connected models [message #53424 is a reply to message #53423 ] Fri, 31 August 2012 13:01 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
It depends on the material, any of the WSF or detail materials: yes you can have separate pieces in the same file. Check the material page for other materials rules.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate

Previous Topic:Large ZIP file uploading not working
Next Topic:how to colorize WSF?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.