Home » Community » Work in progress » Stainless Quality
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Stainless Quality [message #53156] Sun, 26 August 2012 13:03 UTC Go to next message
avatar rithmikansur  is currently offline rithmikansur
Go to my shop
I'm curious if someone with some experience working with the stainless steel materials can give me an idea of what I can expect from this design.
The points on the inside are what I am most concerned about.
Will the resolution be high enough to get a good point?
If the points do print okay, are they at high risk of breaking during the pre-infusion stages of production?
Dimensions shown below are in mm.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-mIeVcFtl76k/UDoeKPY86XI/AAAAAAAAAJU/sMCIXBFeorM/s1600/SpikeSunPendant.jpg

Thanks!
Rith

Blogging about shapeways, inventor, and anything else that crosses my mind
rithforms.blogspot.com
Re: Stainless Quality [message #53276 is a reply to message #53156 ] Tue, 28 August 2012 21:09 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar GlenG  is currently offline GlenG
Go to all my models
This design should be OK. The inner points are sort of protected so they should remain intact.

"Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art."
Leonardo da Vinci
Re: Stainless Quality [message #53313 is a reply to message #53276 ] Wed, 29 August 2012 17:23 UTC Go to previous message
avatar rithmikansur  is currently offline rithmikansur
Go to my shop
Awesome, Thanks.
I work in manufacturing and sometimes our machine operator is not the same person that sends the file.
So they don't always know what they're looking for.
I just had the image in my head of someone reaching into the support material and sticking their finger right in the middle of points.
I suppose that's pretty unlikely though.
I am generally a walking example of murphy's law, so I always imagine something like that happening.
Thanks!
Rith

Blogging about shapeways, inventor, and anything else that crosses my mind
rithforms.blogspot.com

Previous Topic:Fieldrunners Gatling Turret
Next Topic:business card holder

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.