Home » Community » Work in progress » Why is this so expensive?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Why is this so expensive? [message #53241] Mon, 27 August 2012 22:41 UTC Go to next message
avatar yoni.binstock  is currently offline yoni.binstock
Go to my shop
Hi guys,

Attached you can find my uploaded file. It's a sphericon and just a few inches on all sides.

I believe it's hollow, so why does it costs $184?

Thanks for your help.
Yoni

• Attachment: Sphericon.stl
    (Size: 14.72KB, Downloaded 55 time(s))

Re: Why is this so expensive? [message #53246 is a reply to message #53241 ] Tue, 28 August 2012 00:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Sorry, but it's NOT hollow. I'm not sure what software you're creating this with, but it is only a single shell with no interior geometry.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Why is this so expensive? [message #53248 is a reply to message #53246 ] Tue, 28 August 2012 02:34 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar yoni.binstock  is currently offline yoni.binstock
Go to my shop
I'm using Google Sketchup.

What's the best way to get interior geometry?

Thanks for your help.
Re: Why is this so expensive? [message #53715 is a reply to message #53248 ] Thu, 06 September 2012 22:44 UTC Go to previous message
avatar TechyBen  is currently offline TechyBen
Go to my shop
You should be able to export it into something like Blender. Blender has a shelling operation. I think it's called solidify (under "object:mesh:faces:solidify"). On the right, there should be a slider/number input for how thick you wish the walls to be (make sure not to input backwards, else it will GROW out! Razz ).

I can talk you through the full export/import and buttons in Blender etc if you wish to do it.

Previous Topic:VIDEO - Silver Skull Bead - VIDEO
Next Topic:Will this print?