Home » Support » Bug Reporting » How to create new models with same description, photos, tags?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
How to create new models with same description, photos, tags? [message #53155] Sun, 26 August 2012 12:17 UTC Go to next message
avatar thomashuang.net  is currently offline thomashuang.net
Go to my shop
Is there a way to create multiple models with the same description, photos, and key words (tags) without having to type everything over and over again?

Also, I'm having problems with creating tags. When I make a list of about 15 tags, only the first 5 or 7 will be recorded. when I exit edit mode, I see the last half are missing, I have to go back to edit mode, enter the missing ones, and only the first 5 of those I enter again will show. I have to keep going back and forth until all of them are recorded.

Also, I'm having problems entering captions for the photos. When I add something like 3 photos, I add one caption to one of them, and then I'm unable to edit the captions of the other photos. I have to exit edit mode, and enter it again to be able to get the type cursor enter the caption box of the other photos.

Also, when I upload 3 photos, the one I select as default automatically gets a caption that says "click to edit". It will not go away. I have to delete the photo and upload it again to get the caption to disappear.

Same with captions that are deleted, the gray box stays in the caption area. I have to delete the photo and upload it again to get rid of it.

Thanks
Thomas

[Updated on: Sun, 26 August 2012 12:47 UTC]

Re: How to create new models with same description, photos, tags? [message #53197 is a reply to message #53155 ] Mon, 27 August 2012 12:42 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
For your first question, no, there currently isn't a way to copy an item in your shop.

As for the rest, those sound like bugs so I moved your post to Bug Reporting and Site Feedback

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: How to create new models with same description, photos, tags? [message #60934 is a reply to message #53197 ] Mon, 28 January 2013 13:34 UTC Go to previous message
avatar lukeuedasarson  is currently offline lukeuedasarson
Go to my shop
Even if you can't "copy" a description of an item in your shop, there ought to be some global edit function that allows you to make the same edit to every item in your shop. I've just been hit with a bunch of model rejected decisions because , and decided to edit my recommendations in plastic choice as a result, but having to do this manually for 50+ models was a real pain.

Previous Topic:Why are my own orders suddenly showing up as sales?
Next Topic:PayPal experiencing issues temporarily

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.