Now Through Sunday Night. Black Friday Deals & Free Shipping! See the deals.
Home » Support » Bug Reporting » Google Analytics tracking code problems
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Google Analytics tracking code problems [message #53029] Thu, 23 August 2012 12:12 UTC Go to next message
avatar Mezmera  is currently offline Mezmera
Go to my shop
Not sure if it is an InShape 2.0 bug since I added it for the first time, but the Google Analytics tracking code won't work on my shop, it is not detected by Google even after several days. When copy-pasting and saving it in the 'my shop' section, the code looks alright, but after reloading the page, only half of the code is displayed. Checked on both Firefox & Chrome.
Re: Google Analytics tracking code problems [message #53031 is a reply to message #53029 ] Thu, 23 August 2012 13:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ChristelH  is currently offline ChristelH
Go to my shop
I work here
Hi Mezmera,

I am sorry to hear this doesn't work. Is it possible for you to send an email to service@shapeways.com and maybe send us some screen shots as well?

After this we can have this forwarded to our Development Department.

Thanks,
Christel

Customer Sevice Agent
www.shapeways.com

Best, Christel Maurmair Customer Service Agent Shapeways
Re: Google Analytics tracking code problems [message #53033 is a reply to message #53031 ] Thu, 23 August 2012 13:59 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Oops, I think I found it already. I had assumed the tracking code would be what had to be filled in, like with normal websites, however according to a shapeways tutorial only the tracking ID is needed. The disappearing text makes sense since an input field for tracking ID can be much smaller than for tracking code. Sorry, my mistake...

Thanks for the quick reply though!

Perhaps it would be convenient to change the 'Google Analytics' label into 'Google Analytics tracking ID'?
Re: Google Analytics tracking code problems [message #53035 is a reply to message #53029 ] Thu, 23 August 2012 14:02 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ChristelH  is currently offline ChristelH
Go to my shop
I work here
Hi,

Good to hear you have figured out the problem! If you have got any other questions, you can always contact us about this by sending an email to service@shapeways.com.

I will also forward your suggestion to some colleagues of mine to see if this is an idea to have this changed.

Cheers,
Christel

Customer Service Agent
www.shapeways.com

Best, Christel Maurmair Customer Service Agent Shapeways
Re: Google Analytics tracking code problems [message #53109 is a reply to message #53035 ] Sat, 25 August 2012 07:32 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Hi Christel,

it seems the tracking ID doesn't work either, so I've sent a mail to service@shapeways.com. Thanks for the support!

Previous Topic:profile pic?
Next Topic:Pending Sales Temporarily Unavailable

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.