Home » Community » Work in progress » heavy metal watch
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
heavy metal watch [message #52975] Wed, 22 August 2012 14:06 UTC Go to next message
avatar tibbittsjim  is currently offline tibbittsjim
Go to all my models
Here is a picture of my Black Label Society heavy metal watch.
I've been working on it for a long time but it's starting to come together. It's plastic, painted with metallic paint. I look forward to some feedback.
http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee416/tibbittsjim/BLS_watch_1.jpg
Re: heavy metal watch [message #52983 is a reply to message #52975 ] Wed, 22 August 2012 15:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar natalia  is currently offline natalia
Go to all my models
I work here
Whoa! Looks great! I like the multiple layers.

Is it printed in WSF or FUD? The paint looks great....I bet you could print it in Stainless Steel too!

Shapeways Community Manager
Re: heavy metal watch [message #52986 is a reply to message #52975 ] Wed, 22 August 2012 15:49 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Looking good so far, why not print in alumide? I've been wanting to make a watch for a while, bought the movement and everything, and have done nothing since Razz. Do you have a back story to the watch? A blog or something you can share with us about your piece?

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com
Re: heavy metal watch [message #52996 is a reply to message #52975 ] Wed, 22 August 2012 18:26 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
This was made out of White Detail. I tried stainless steel, too. Unfortunately, it didn't turn out too well. It was solid and very heavy. Plus the surface was very rough with all the layer lines. If I try stainless again I probably need to model the inside of the case so it will be hollow.

Yes, I think I will try Aluminide next. I am curious how it will work, too. You can check out my blog here: http://medusawatches.wordpress.com.

Thanks for the feedback!
Re: heavy metal watch [message #53019 is a reply to message #52996 ] Thu, 23 August 2012 09:38 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar SGDesigns  is currently offline SGDesigns
Go to my shop
Looks good and the wide leather is a definite plus. I've been considering this myself but diferent of course. I only design in silver so I'm guessing only the top n surrounding the glass will be silver. I gotta get back to you for some tips... Great work tho...!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Sal G -
My Website
www.sgcustomsilver.com
Facebook Page
www.facebook.com/SGCustomSilver
Re: heavy metal watch [message #53022 is a reply to message #53019 ] Thu, 23 August 2012 10:14 UTC Go to previous message
Go to all my models
SG Designs wrote on Thu, 23 August 2012 09:38

Looks good and the wide leather is a definite plus. I've been considering this myself but diferent of course. I only design in silver so I'm guessing only the top n surrounding the glass will be silver. I gotta get back to you for some tips... Great work tho...!

Thanks. Feel free to check out my blog. It should help you see everything I have learned so far.
http://medusawatches.wordpress.com/

Previous Topic:Mobius Sake Cup :-)
Next Topic:Non-orientable Bridge

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.