Home » Community » Work in progress » heavy metal watch
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
heavy metal watch [message #52975] Wed, 22 August 2012 14:06 UTC Go to next message
avatar tibbittsjim  is currently offline tibbittsjim
Go to all my models
Here is a picture of my Black Label Society heavy metal watch.
I've been working on it for a long time but it's starting to come together. It's plastic, painted with metallic paint. I look forward to some feedback.
http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee416/tibbittsjim/BLS_watch_1.jpg
Re: heavy metal watch [message #52983 is a reply to message #52975 ] Wed, 22 August 2012 15:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar natalia  is currently offline natalia
Go to all my models
I work here
Whoa! Looks great! I like the multiple layers.

Is it printed in WSF or FUD? The paint looks great....I bet you could print it in Stainless Steel too!

Community Manager | Shapeways
Re: heavy metal watch [message #52986 is a reply to message #52975 ] Wed, 22 August 2012 15:49 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
Looking good so far, why not print in alumide? I've been wanting to make a watch for a while, bought the movement and everything, and have done nothing since Razz. Do you have a back story to the watch? A blog or something you can share with us about your piece?

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: heavy metal watch [message #52996 is a reply to message #52975 ] Wed, 22 August 2012 18:26 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
This was made out of White Detail. I tried stainless steel, too. Unfortunately, it didn't turn out too well. It was solid and very heavy. Plus the surface was very rough with all the layer lines. If I try stainless again I probably need to model the inside of the case so it will be hollow.

Yes, I think I will try Aluminide next. I am curious how it will work, too. You can check out my blog here: http://medusawatches.wordpress.com.

Thanks for the feedback!
Re: heavy metal watch [message #53019 is a reply to message #52996 ] Thu, 23 August 2012 09:38 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar SGDesigns  is currently offline SGDesigns
Go to my shop
Looks good and the wide leather is a definite plus. I've been considering this myself but diferent of course. I only design in silver so I'm guessing only the top n surrounding the glass will be silver. I gotta get back to you for some tips... Great work tho...!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Sal G -
My Website
www.sgcustomsilver.com
Facebook Page
www.facebook.com/SGCustomSilver
Re: heavy metal watch [message #53022 is a reply to message #53019 ] Thu, 23 August 2012 10:14 UTC Go to previous message
Go to all my models
SG Designs wrote on Thu, 23 August 2012 09:38

Looks good and the wide leather is a definite plus. I've been considering this myself but diferent of course. I only design in silver so I'm guessing only the top n surrounding the glass will be silver. I gotta get back to you for some tips... Great work tho...!

Thanks. Feel free to check out my blog. It should help you see everything I have learned so far.
http://medusawatches.wordpress.com/

Previous Topic:Mobius Sake Cup :-)
Next Topic:Non-orientable Bridge