Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » 3d modeller required for 1/72 afv's
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
3d modeller required for 1/72 afv's [message #52683] Wed, 15 August 2012 22:49 UTC Go to next message
avatar tcpaintingstudios  is currently offline tcpaintingstudios
Go to all my models
I am looking for another 3d modeller who can create solid 3d tanks and armoured fighting vehicles to be ready for 3d printed and then cast into resin for a saleable product Very Happy
Re: 3d modeller required for 1/72 afv's [message #52685 is a reply to message #52683 ] Wed, 15 August 2012 23:43 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Twopounder  is currently offline Twopounder
Go to my shop
3d modeling is one thing, but I doubt too many both model and have a full resin casting operation.

How many models are you looking to have made? Also, is this for miniature wargaming? if so, what you're asking for is 20mm scale, which is odd. Most are 28mm or 15mm.

If it's for detailed modeling (not wargaming) they'll require far more detail and you'll want hard plastic injection molding.

Also, you'll need die cut boxes for detailed sprues or blisters for 2 or 3 part models.

http://fracturedmesh.blogspot.com/ - my 3d modeling blog
Re: 3d modeller required for 1/72 afv's [message #52698 is a reply to message #52685 ] Thu, 16 August 2012 08:51 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Dragoman  is currently offline Dragoman
Go to my shop
1/72 aka 20 mm scale may not be quite as commonly used as 28 mm or 15 mm, but still has a sizeable following. And resin is also commonly used for smaller production runs.

I consider the request quite reasonable.

Greetings
Karl Heinz Ranitzsch
Re: 3d modeller required for 1/72 afv's [message #52701 is a reply to message #52698 ] Thu, 16 August 2012 10:05 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Dragoman wrote on Thu, 16 August 2012 08:51

1/72 aka 20 mm scale may not be quite as commonly used as 28 mm or 15 mm, but still has a sizeable following. And resin is also commonly used for smaller production runs.

I consider the request quite reasonable.

Greetings
Karl Heinz Ranitzsch

What's reasonable about it? There is no price, no specifications, no description (you have no clue how many separate parts are involved), no comment on packaging, no quantity for casting...

There really is nothing to go off of except armored vehicles.

I'm merely asking for clarification.

Re: 3d modeller required for 1/72 afv's [message #52708 is a reply to message #52701 ] Thu, 16 August 2012 12:32 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Dragoman  is currently offline Dragoman
Go to my shop
Sorry, this wasn't really what I wanted to say. Obviously, all that would have to be discussed before starting on a project.

I just meant that 1/72 scale resin models are not really that exotic a proposition.

Also I think we have understood tcpaintingstudios' request differently. I thought he wanted a 3d-printed prototype modelled and that he would take care of production as a resin model. You think he wants to delegate all the work.

Definitely clarification needed.

Greetings
Karl Heinz

PS. I am not interested in doing it, it's just that I am interested in the hobby.
Re: 3d modeller required for 1/72 afv's [message #52710 is a reply to message #52708 ] Thu, 16 August 2012 12:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar tcpaintingstudios  is currently offline tcpaintingstudios
Go to all my models
Hi,

You are correct and apologies for any confusion caused, we will indeed take care of all the resin production in-house.

kind regards
Re: 3d modeller required for 1/72 afv's [message #52714 is a reply to message #52683 ] Thu, 16 August 2012 13:33 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
It might be a good idea to have a kind of standardized form stickied at the top of the forum. Something with quantity, final form (cast, straight from printer, etc), budget, complexity, country, etc. It would help organize the poster's thoughts and give modelers a better idea of what's expected. Hmm.

Previous Topic:Modeler needed for helmet (Completed)
Next Topic:Modeler

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.