Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » Mold Prototype for Silicon Mold Creation
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Mold Prototype for Silicon Mold Creation [message #52641] Wed, 15 August 2012 17:25 UTC Go to next message
avatar fleegle  is currently offline fleegle
Go to all my models
I have a need for a quick job. I would like to create a custom silicon mold (or tray of molds) for my skin care business. I have the art, but do not know how to use 3D software. The image attached is my logo made into a disc that I hope to use as the mold. It's 2.625" around (1.3125" diameter) by .75" tall, then the sheep image will be carved into the disc at a depth of .25". The black area indicates the disc and the white area indicates what will be carved down.

Re: Mold Prototype for Silicon Mold Creation [message #52668 is a reply to message #52641 ] Wed, 15 August 2012 20:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar JACANT  is currently offline JACANT
Go to my shop
PM sent

jacantdesign@gmail.com
Re: Mold Prototype for Silicon Mold Creation [message #52727 is a reply to message #52641 ] Thu, 16 August 2012 19:17 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
thank you to everyone who replied! i have found an artist who will help me.
Re: Mold Prototype for Silicon Mold Creation [message #53983 is a reply to message #52641 ] Thu, 13 September 2012 09:53 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Reidh  is currently offline Reidh
Go to all my models
here is my first attempt at that project.
I don't know what type of file you want it sent as. Was that going to be a .stl file for Shapeways to use or?
the model is 1.3125" dia. and .75" total Ht. the engraved area ( which you showed as white in your art )
is .25" deep. now scale is everything in 3d modeling and proportion is what enables scaling to work.
one inch or one unit in my 3d software may not be one unit in an other. so once I translate it into a .stl file
you still must specify the dimensions desired for the next process.
anyway here it are. Smile

Re: Mold Prototype for Silicon Mold Creation [message #53985 is a reply to message #53983 ] Thu, 13 September 2012 13:03 UTC Go to previous message
Go to all my models
Thank you so much, but I had already found a person to do the model for me. I appreciate your time!

Previous Topic:Need simple enclosures for circuit boards made
Next Topic:3D Modeler for Interior Design

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.