Home » Support » Bug Reporting » No unit options for STL
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
No unit options for STL [message #51829] Wed, 25 July 2012 12:37 UTC Go to next message
avatar ThingFuture  is currently offline ThingFuture
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
Hello Shapeways team,

I have a co-creator model in my shop using a WRL file format for color printing. I decided to replace the WRL file with an STL file for use with the default Shapeways materials.

However, when I try to upload the STL file, I see no unit options to choose (mm, cm, inch). Then I am getting an error e-mail from Shapeways saying that "Your model is too big!" while I designed the model using mm as a unit.
Here is a screenshot:
index.php?t=getfile&id=18884&private=0
Any help would be welcome.

http://shpws.me/DWg
Re: No unit options for STL [message #51840 is a reply to message #51829 ] Wed, 25 July 2012 15:05 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar opresco  is currently offline opresco
Go to my shop
Same thing happens when I update an STL file.

There's no units to choose from.

Then, after upload, I get stupid e-mails telling me that because I did not indicate
the units, the model was too large to print, so, Shapeways re-sized it,
to make it printable! Laughing

Then, when I go to the product's page, same message, + a warning
that I better check and make sure the new size suits me well Mad

This is extremely annoying and it should be fixed ASAP!

[Updated on: Wed, 25 July 2012 15:06 UTC]

cascador
Re: No unit options for STL [message #51841 is a reply to message #51840 ] Wed, 25 July 2012 15:17 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Both are reported (co-creator no unit selector, and update no unit selector) and should be fixed asap

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: No unit options for STL [message #51842 is a reply to message #51841 ] Wed, 25 July 2012 16:03 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
Thank you! Smile

Re: No unit options for STL [message #51854 is a reply to message #51842 ] Wed, 25 July 2012 16:56 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
In the meantime just as an fyi (workaround), with no units - updating a model for sure - is being treated as meters, just needs scaling to get to where you need it before uploading.

Re: No unit options for STL [message #51929 is a reply to message #51829 ] Thu, 26 July 2012 17:45 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar WillLaPuerta  is currently offline WillLaPuerta
Go to my shop
Oh, I just posted about this, but I guess it's already been noticed.

"I am just a humble servant with a message here for you" Reaper Media on Facebook
Re: No unit options for STL [message #52084 is a reply to message #51829 ] Mon, 30 July 2012 14:33 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
This should be fixed now!

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: No unit options for STL [message #52322 is a reply to message #52084 ] Mon, 06 August 2012 12:59 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
Looks like it is working properly now. Thank you!

Previous Topic:Upload Connection Reset
Next Topic:everything is in triples

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.