Home » Community » It arrived! » Triceratops in Frosted Detail
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Triceratops in Frosted Detail [message #52256] Fri, 03 August 2012 11:32 UTC Go to next message
avatar ThreeDimensions  is currently offline ThreeDimensions
Go to my shop
My sculpt of a triceratops in frosted detail arrived. I am really happy with the quality of the print. it is such a buzz to see something you sculpted on the computer emerging into reality!
Thanks shapeways.
I sprayed the model with a layer of grey primer
index.php?t=getfile&id=19261&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=19262&private=0
Balances nicely
index.php?t=getfile&id=19263&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=19264&private=0
You can see a couple of spots where I touched it before it was dry. oops. I will probably have a go at painting it next.

http://www.shapeways.com/model/368658/triceratops-1-72-scale .html

[Updated on: Fri, 03 August 2012 11:58 UTC]

Re: Triceratops in Frosted Detail [message #52257 is a reply to message #52256 ] Fri, 03 August 2012 12:52 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bdeaver  is currently offline bdeaver
Go to my shop
This has nice detail to it. The paint probably helps bring out some detail, especially since it's not glossy. I find that I really have to scrub the Frosted Ultra Detail in order to remove the waxy surface. Did you find that with the Frosted Detail?

bobd
Re: Triceratops in Frosted Detail [message #52258 is a reply to message #52257 ] Fri, 03 August 2012 13:03 UTC Go to previous message
avatar ThreeDimensions  is currently offline ThreeDimensions
Go to my shop
Thanks for the comment. Yes I brushed it lightly with a toothbrush to clean it off before spraying and it was fine. I am trying to decide what colour scheme would suit it.

I love your pug model.very cute.

Previous Topic:Increasing the options
Next Topic:Variomatic Gears by OSKAR