Home » Support » Bug Reporting » Upload Connection Reset
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Upload Connection Reset [message #52162] Tue, 31 July 2012 17:17 UTC Go to next message
avatar rithmikansur  is currently offline rithmikansur
Go to my shop
I can't seem to find any information on how large a file can be for uploading for production (not for attaching in the forum).
I'm trying to upload a multipart stl, which is quite large.
I keep receiving the a message that the connection has been reset.
thanks!
Rith

Blogging about shapeways, inventor, and anything else that crosses my mind
rithforms.blogspot.com
Re: Upload Connection Reset [message #52163 is a reply to message #52162 ] Tue, 31 July 2012 17:20 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
It says on the upload page 64mb, and if you click on tips and guidelines it'll tell you a max of 1,000,000 polygons. Which Shapeways will reduce your model to triangles, so you have to below 1 million triangles.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Upload Connection Reset [message #52169 is a reply to message #52163 ] Tue, 31 July 2012 21:08 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar rithmikansur  is currently offline rithmikansur
Go to my shop
I'm embarrased. Confused Clearly 5:00am (or any time before my morning coffee) is a bad time to try to read instructions. I was too blind to even see the MASSIVE TEXT BELOW THE UPLOAD BUTTON. Rolling Eyes
tysm.

Blogging about shapeways, inventor, and anything else that crosses my mind
rithforms.blogspot.com
Re: Upload Connection Reset [message #52196 is a reply to message #52169 ] Wed, 01 August 2012 13:19 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
No worries, we've all done it lol

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate

Previous Topic:WSF material pages issues
Next Topic:No unit options for STL

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.