Home » Community » General Discussion » Sandstone colored models
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Sandstone colored models [message #52155] Tue, 31 July 2012 16:31 UTC Go to next message
avatar apavle00  is currently offline apavle00
Go to all my models
I'm looking at ordering some colored sandstone statues and I wanted to ask if anyone knows if I can put some kind of sealant or topcoat on them in order to prevent the colors from running in case they get wet. Any help would be amazing on this!!
Re: Sandstone colored models [message #52156 is a reply to message #52155 ] Tue, 31 July 2012 16:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar natalia  is currently offline natalia
Go to all my models
I work here
You could try some sort of clear urethane spray.

I don't think it would make it totally waterproof but it would certainly help protect the colors.

Let us know if you do any experiments!

Natalia

Shapeways Community Manager
Re: Sandstone colored models [message #52161 is a reply to message #52156 ] Tue, 31 July 2012 16:57 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar apavle00  is currently offline apavle00
Go to all my models
I'll definitely look into it!
Re: Sandstone colored models [message #52182 is a reply to message #52161 ] Wed, 01 August 2012 02:12 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Check this thread:
http://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=5177 6&&srch=sandstone+sealer#msg_51776

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products

Previous Topic:Weighing up the costs
Next Topic:Paintable?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.