Home » Support » 3D Printing » Color Sandstone Quality
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Color Sandstone Quality [message #52117] Mon, 30 July 2012 23:01 UTC Go to next message
avatar Colecago  is currently offline Colecago
Go to all my models
I recently did my first order to Shapeways, a pair of minecraft characters for my Wife and I. I got them in today, and they look pretty neat, but there are some quality concerns.

On the first character, the green one, there is a large blob of material on his right arm.

The second character has a divet I guess, inverse of a blob Smile

I'm not really that upset, I'm sure she'll still like them, but is this standard quality for this type of printing process? I've seen much better quality out of plastic printing, but I suppose that's after many tries.

Does anyone look at these to see if they resemble the desired result or is it pretty much print/toss in a bag?

*edit* I should mention I ordered these through Minetoys, which uses Shapeways

index.php?t=getfile&id=19090&private=0

• Attachment: Coles.jpg
    (Size: 555.63KB, Downloaded 146 time(s))

[Updated on: Mon, 30 July 2012 23:05 UTC]

Re: Color Sandstone Quality [message #52118 is a reply to message #52117 ] Mon, 30 July 2012 23:03 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Second character
index.php?t=getfile&id=19091&private=0

• Attachment: Kilos.jpg
    (Size: 498.29KB, Downloaded 138 time(s))

Re: Color Sandstone Quality [message #52146 is a reply to message #52118 ] Tue, 31 July 2012 13:28 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
I can't say I've seen results like that before. Have you tried emailing service@shapeways.com?

[Updated on: Tue, 31 July 2012 15:28 UTC]

Your friendly neighborhood Moderman
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Color Sandstone Quality [message #52149 is a reply to message #52146 ] Tue, 31 July 2012 15:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I ended up emailing service@shapeways.com . Should I send one to support as well, or will they pass it to where it needs to go?
Re: Color Sandstone Quality [message #52151 is a reply to message #52117 ] Tue, 31 July 2012 15:29 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
The proper email is service, so I changed my post. Sorry about that.

Your friendly neighborhood Moderman
michael@shapeways.com

Previous Topic:High Detail Print (WD or FD?)
Next Topic:Holes

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.