Home » Support » 3D Applications » Sideways Blender Render?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
icon4.gif  Sideways Blender Render? [message #52042] Sat, 28 July 2012 21:12 UTC Go to next message
avatar mrotherman  is currently offline mrotherman
Go to my shop
I made a computer game token uploaded it, and it was rendered sideways Mad! Can someone tell me how to fix it?
Help!
Re: Sideways Blender Render? [message #52045 is a reply to message #52042 ] Sat, 28 July 2012 21:45 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
You can render your model as you want it to be seen, goto the model edit page, upload the image and then set the image as the default image. Alternatively you could try re-arranging the orientation of the model before uploading - iirc, Y is the 'vertical' axis, and Z the 'depth' axis.

Re: Sideways Blender Render? [message #52127 is a reply to message #52045 ] Tue, 31 July 2012 03:48 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Fredd  is currently offline Fredd
Go to all my models
In blender Z points up, in SW Y does. Rotate your model 90 degrees along x axis in Blender before exporting.

For oddness 's sake, if you scale your model by 10, you can regard a blender unit as centimeter, if you scale it by 25.4, you can regard a blender unit as an inch, You can properly scale the model in the N panel, by setting a bounding box dimension, then copying the scale in that dimension to the other scale dimensions values in that panel . It sounds odd, but experiment with a STL export to NetFabb to see proof.

Have any questions regarding Blender, and need fast answers, you are always welcome at the IRC Server Freenode, channel #blender. As a bonus, several there have experience in modelling for 3D prints.

Keith

Previous Topic:converting existing MAX files?
Next Topic:"Design could not be validated" when uploading colour model

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.