Now Through Sunday Night. Black Friday Deals & Free Shipping! See the deals.
Home » Community » General Discussion » Copyright Question
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Copyright Question [message #52114] Mon, 30 July 2012 22:38 UTC Go to next message
avatar MrRstar  is currently offline MrRstar
Go to my shop
So, as i wander though shapeways and look at all the cool stuff that people have made i've run across a number of things from licensed franchises. such as, i just saw someone had the Skyrim logo.

is there a rule of thumb for what can or can not be sold? i have some moddels i've made that are originally from i game i used to play. can i sell them or will i be doing something i shouldn't?
Re: Copyright Question [message #52116 is a reply to message #52114 ] Mon, 30 July 2012 22:57 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
That's for you to decide Confused

General rule of thumb - go seek the originators of the artwork/design/product and ask them.

If you have done wrong by copying, the originators may or may not submit a takedown notice to Shapeways, the originators may or may not persue you for infringement and costs.

Also be careful how models titles are worded, e.g. LEGO Halo gun = no, Gun inspired by Halo compatible with LEGO = ok (maybe)

Most of the main players with tradenames, trademarks, design patents etc will have useage rules on their websites.

Re: Copyright Question [message #52175 is a reply to message #52116 ] Tue, 31 July 2012 22:44 UTC Go to previous message
avatar MrRstar  is currently offline MrRstar
Go to my shop
cool. thanks for your help.

Previous Topic:Photo etched metals?
Next Topic:Weighing up the costs

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.