Introducing 14k Gold, read more on the blog.
Home » Community » General Discussion » Copyright Question
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Copyright Question [message #52114] Mon, 30 July 2012 22:38 UTC Go to next message
avatar MrRstar  is currently offline MrRstar
Go to my shop
So, as i wander though shapeways and look at all the cool stuff that people have made i've run across a number of things from licensed franchises. such as, i just saw someone had the Skyrim logo.

is there a rule of thumb for what can or can not be sold? i have some moddels i've made that are originally from i game i used to play. can i sell them or will i be doing something i shouldn't?
Re: Copyright Question [message #52116 is a reply to message #52114 ] Mon, 30 July 2012 22:57 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
That's for you to decide Confused

General rule of thumb - go seek the originators of the artwork/design/product and ask them.

If you have done wrong by copying, the originators may or may not submit a takedown notice to Shapeways, the originators may or may not persue you for infringement and costs.

Also be careful how models titles are worded, e.g. LEGO Halo gun = no, Gun inspired by Halo compatible with LEGO = ok (maybe)

Most of the main players with tradenames, trademarks, design patents etc will have useage rules on their websites.

Re: Copyright Question [message #52175 is a reply to message #52116 ] Tue, 31 July 2012 22:44 UTC Go to previous message
avatar MrRstar  is currently offline MrRstar
Go to my shop
cool. thanks for your help.

Previous Topic:Photo etched metals?
Next Topic:Weighing up the costs