Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Community » It arrived! » Rapid prototyping for a real production!
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Rapid prototyping for a real production! [message #5199] Sun, 12 July 2009 21:50 UTC Go to next message
avatar Autonomicum  is currently offline Autonomicum
Go to all my models
After almost $500 spent on Shapeways we have finally a prototype ready for moulding and production.
http://www.lcdvf.com/photos/

The final product will look and act like this

It actually is amazing how much inteligence or the lack of it can go into positioning a model on a 3D printer xyz table - every freaking material has it's own properties and reusability properties as I assume. I truly respect the operatos behind those machines as I can clearly see the effort that has gone into filling our orders.

Beware: Black Detail is brittle when compared to WSF - so we had to make working models out of WSF and the ones for molding and detail out of BD.

Thank you,
T
Re: Rapid prototyping for a real production! [message #5217 is a reply to message #5199 ] Tue, 14 July 2009 09:30 UTC Go to previous message
avatar joris  is currently offline joris
Go to all my models
Autonomicum,

Great stuff! When will it all go into production?

Joris

Previous Topic:Unlucky Twist by OSKAR
Next Topic:Lapis Chair Prototype

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.