Home » Community » General Discussion » Scale Issue
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Scale Issue [message #51762] Tue, 24 July 2012 13:38 UTC Go to next message
avatar Braddock  is currently offline Braddock
Go to my shop
Hi guys,

It always takes me several attempts when uploading a new model to get correct scale. Meaning, I export and obj or stl out of Maya or Zbrush as at correct scale, and often, once it uploads, it's either 10 times too small or 10 times too big.

What are others exporting as? obj or stl? anyone else have this problem?

Cheers,

Paul.
Re: Scale Issue [message #51902 is a reply to message #51762 ] Thu, 26 July 2012 13:11 UTC Go to previous message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
If you're exporting out of ZBrush at the "correct scale" there is no such thing since the programme doesn't use a built in scale. There is a plug-in available for ZBrush (actually included in programme now, I believe) that allows you to scale up or down the model BUT it doesn't allow you to set a specific size. If I remember right I usually scale it down by a factor of 10 and then import into Rhino to make the final exact sizing.

I know nothing about Maya, sorry.

I upload to Shapeways as STL. OBJ files are just too large and take much longer to send in.

Glenn

[Updated on: Thu, 26 July 2012 13:12 UTC]

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery

Previous Topic:Anyone have any experience printing finely detailed objects in silver?
Next Topic:Hon30 OO9 HOe?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.