Home » Support » Bug Reporting » Getting to "Upload" link.
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Getting to "Upload" link. [message #51639] Sat, 21 July 2012 04:54 UTC Go to next message
avatar Phxman  is currently offline Phxman
Go to all my models
Can we please have the "Upload" link listed with My Models, My Shop etc. - where we have already logged in.

In place of under "Create", where there is the runaround of having to Log In/Register.

Also a directory of shops, and to be able to search by providers of items.
Re: Getting to "Upload" link. [message #51649 is a reply to message #51639 ] Sat, 21 July 2012 12:59 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Two easy ways to get to an upload link, 1st is to scroll to the bottom of any page, 2nd is to goto Shapeways Homepage by clicking the logo at the top of any page. You need to log in to upload a model so that your model goes somewhere relevant to you.

There's a product seach box at the top of every page - just type in what you're looking for & hit return.

Paul
Re: Getting to "Upload" link. [message #51651 is a reply to message #51639 ] Sat, 21 July 2012 15:24 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Phxman  is currently offline Phxman
Go to all my models
Paul,

O'k, but:-
Facility to boot straight in has the viewers attention on the top menu bar.

Their attention is then to the personal menu on the right hand side of that bar showing the viewer is logged-in. It is the drop-down sub-menu the viewer expects to negotiate the facilities to service their account.

Everything is there like My Models, My Shop, My Sales, My Orders, but Upload a file is missing.

Expecting the viewer to go to the bottom of the screen for such a important prime task for Shapeways existence, hides it under a haystack.

[Updated on: Sat, 21 July 2012 15:42 UTC]

Re: Getting to "Upload" link. [message #51652 is a reply to message #51651 ] Sat, 21 July 2012 15:58 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
The same could be said for inviting people to buy items from their first view of Shapeways homepage, however the facility is there, the same as the ability to 'Upload' a model to Shapeways.

Most people who're not familiar with Shapeways website have more issues understanding what can or can't be done with 3D printing, yet the information is only one or two clicks away from every page.

Anyhow, there is a site re-vamp in progress and your suggestion is one I shall put forward Smile

Paul

[edit] email sent to the relevant person Smile

[Updated on: Sat, 21 July 2012 16:01 UTC]

Previous Topic:3D Printing My Wedding Ring
Next Topic:No more 3D view..?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.