Home » Community » General Discussion » Which Software?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Which Software? [message #51316] Sat, 14 July 2012 12:01 UTC Go to next message
avatar Racer X  is currently offline Racer X
Go to my shop
index.php?t=getfile&id=18534&private=0Which software program is being used by you experienced modelers and Shapeways to generate the information circled in red? I want to get that program to measure my new models better and avoid reject on print issues to save a few weeks time going back and forth experimenting. I am using Sketchup but its time to move up in capability I guess.

I looked hard in the forums and believe it's likely one of the programs in the tutorials. I just cant seem to figure out which one. Hopefully its not one of the expensive ones.

Racer X
Re: Which Software? [message #51320 is a reply to message #51316 ] Sat, 14 July 2012 15:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Netfabb Studio Basic will do measurements like that and its free.
http://www.netfabb.com/

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Which Software? [message #51352 is a reply to message #51316 ] Sun, 15 July 2012 03:38 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar crsdfr  is currently offline crsdfr
Go to all my models
The software used in the image is called Magics and is made by a company called Materialise. The full software is very expensive indeed - but they have a free version available called MiniMagics.

It's fairly basic in its functionality, but will allow you to do those measurements and also highlight (but not fix) STL file issues.
Re: Which Software? [message #51359 is a reply to message #51352 ] Sun, 15 July 2012 10:25 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Racer X  is currently offline Racer X
Go to my shop
Thank You. Very much appreciated,

Looks like Minimagic is PC only. I think I'll switch all modeling over to PC as I am getting tired of non-mac compatible great software.

Racer X

Previous Topic:FaceBook
Next Topic:Shapeways gift coupon?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.