Home » Community » General Discussion » Link for Private models with new item page?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Link for Private models with new item page? [message #35067] Sun, 25 September 2011 15:52 UTC Go to next message
avatar tebee  is currently offline tebee
Go to my shop
OK have I missed this? Where do I find the link to give to people I want to show private models too ?

Can't seem to find it now the page has changed Sad

Tom
Re: Link for Private models with new item page? [message #35072 is a reply to message #35067 ] Sun, 25 September 2011 18:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Make the model private and for sale from the model edit page, head to 'My Designs' find a public model, goto the model page, turn off edit mode, go to 'My Designs' again, right click on the model you want to copy the private url from, select copy shortcut and there you go Confused

There's a coding error for the new model page that prevents the model owner from switching off edit mode on 'private and for sale models'... the issue was relayed and reported on Friday.

Re: Link for Private models with new item page? [message #35078 is a reply to message #35072 ] Sun, 25 September 2011 20:41 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar tebee  is currently offline tebee
Go to my shop
Ah ! OK.

It is, of course, on my second id where every model is private but then it would be, wouldn't it ? Twisted Evil

Never mind, I will have to make one public for a while.

Thanks Tom
Re: Link for Private models with new item page? [message #35079 is a reply to message #35078 ] Sun, 25 September 2011 21:04 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
oh, ok, in that case, you can get to the non-edit page by making a different model 'private & not for sale', clicking the edit to off and then going to 'My Designs' to grab the url for the 'private & for sale' model.
Re: Link for Private models with new item page? [message #51279 is a reply to message #35079 ] Fri, 13 July 2012 14:32 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Gilligonia  is currently offline Gilligonia
Go to my shop
I don't think this procedure works anymore! (Many changes since Sep 2011)

1) I don't know where "My Designs" is! I think you mean "My Models"?

2) On the "My Models" page, EVERY model goes to the Edit mode, there is no link to go directly to the non-edit mode of any model.

3) for public models, I can use a URL like this:
http://www.shapeways.com/model/599105/
But, this gives a error for private models:
"Oops! We can't find the page you're looking for."

I can order my own private models but, how do I get the URL that a customer can use to order a private model I designed just for him?
Re: Link for Private models with new item page? [message #51282 is a reply to message #51279 ] Fri, 13 July 2012 15:12 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Try using the permalink such as http://shpws.me/8tBR .. that should work whether it's public or private.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Link for Private models with new item page? [message #51284 is a reply to message #51279 ] Fri, 13 July 2012 16:04 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Click on the image to get to the 'edit model' page.
If your model is set to 'Offer For Sale To Others', click 'Exit Edit Mode', then copy the url in the address bar of the browser window for the private link that you can give your client.

Re: Link for Private models with new item page? [message #51286 is a reply to message #51282 ] Fri, 13 July 2012 16:25 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Gilligonia  is currently offline Gilligonia
Go to my shop
How do I get a permalink?
And what is that, exactly?
Re: Link for Private models with new item page? [message #51287 is a reply to message #51286 ] Fri, 13 July 2012 16:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
The permalink option is on every model:
index.php?t=getfile&id=18496&private=0

• Attachment: PermaLink.jpg
    (Size: 19.98KB, Downloaded 84 time(s))

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Link for Private models with new item page? [message #51288 is a reply to message #51286 ] Fri, 13 July 2012 16:37 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Goto the public model page (click on the text for the model from your 'My Models' page) and under the description will be a word 'Permalink' - click on it and a shortened URL is generated for your model page.

index.php?t=getfile&id=18495&private=0

[edit] ninja'd by Stony Sad

• Attachment: permalink.JPG
    (Size: 295.51KB, Downloaded 84 time(s))

[Updated on: Fri, 13 July 2012 16:38 UTC]

Previous Topic:Can anyone tell me the cause of this SLS imperfection?
Next Topic:Currency exchange fee

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.